• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op tests???

uglyduck16

Hi everyone :wavey:
I have been reading 'weight loss surgery for dummies' and in there it mentions about pre-op tests. I have my op on Friday and i have not had any pre-op tests done, should i have done?
When i went for my consultation with the doctor he did my blood pressure and listened to my heart and had a poke about, but that was it. In in the book they talk about taking blood and urine samples etc?
What tests have other people had done before there op?? Should i have had some done?? :confused:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Along my rd to surgery i had a full blood analasis, 24hr urine collection, blood pressure, weight and sleep apnia test. these were to rule out hormornal problems prior to surgery to ensure surgery was the right route,
A week befor my surgery at my pro op appaintment i has bloods, urine, BP, ecg and mrsa swabs taken.
HTH
hc

I went for pre op assessment about 4 days before. they took bloods, MRSA tests, BP and ECG. i think every hospital is different it may be worthwhile giving them a ring to check if you need to have any pre op tests done. x

Along my rd to surgery i had a full blood analasis, 24hr urine collection, blood pressure, weight and sleep apnia test. these were to rule out hormornal problems prior to surgery to ensure surgery was the right route,
A week befor my surgery at my pro op appaintment i has bloods, urine, BP, ecg and mrsa swabs taken.
HTH
hc

Same for me (HC & I were at same hospital). I also had a psych eval about 6 weeks before as part of a standard fitness measure.

I also had a psych eval about 6 weeks before as part of a standard fitness measure.

I think that's what my next appointment is for. But what if I 'fail' that? It seems an awful long wait from Nov - March to be potentially told one can't go ahead!

My hopsital does MRSA check, bloods, urine & weight etc.

I had pre op tests 1 week before the op!
I had mrsa swabs done, bloods and blood pressure.

Slightly off at a tangent but still on.. kind of. Re: MRSA. You can buy Hibiscrub and do a pre-hospital shower at home to eliminate MRSA. Lots of people carry it, so it's a good way of getting rid before pre-assessment and going in for the op. I will find the link and post up if anyone is interested. And no, I don't work for Hibiscrub! ;)

Here it is: http://www.hibihealth.com/reduce.php

I think that's what my next appointment is for. But what if I 'fail' that? It seems an awful long wait from Nov - March to be potentially told one can't go ahead!

My hopsital does MRSA check, bloods, urine & weight etc.

don't worry, you won't fail. Be honest and open about your weight problems and realistic about your goals and you will do fine.:D

Slightly off at a tangent but still on.. kind of. Re: MRSA. You can buy Hibiscrub and do a pre-hospital shower at home to eliminate MRSA. Lots of people carry it, so it's a good way of getting rid before pre-assessment and going in for the op. I will find the link and post up if anyone is interested. And no, I don't work for Hibiscrub! ;)

Here it is: HiBiSCRUB ™

You can carry MRSA in your nose and back of throat though so dont reply on the hibiscrub. Im sure it'll all be fine!

Hiya everyone!
Thanks for all your replies, i might email them and ask about it, but i am not going to worry big time about it! If they want to do tests on me, i am sure they will. ;)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Back