• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op and anaesthetist appointments for gastric sleeve at Walsall Manor

Finally after a year of appointments I finally have hit my target, been given the go ahead for my gastric sleeve and have pre-op booked for 9 Feb and anaesthetist appointment on 14 Feb at Walsall Manor.

Excited, nervous, scared, all mixed emotions. Can anyone tell me what they do at pre op and anaesthetist appointment at Walsall and how long it's likely to be till my op after these dates?

Many thanks
Anita

I'm not at Walsall, but for me the time between pre-op and the actual surgery is about three weeks. At King's they wouldn't give you a pre-op appointment unless the surgery was already booked in though, so Walsall clearly does things differently. The pre-op is only valid for a certain amount of time though (think I saw 20 weeks somewhere), after which point it would need to be repeated. With that in mind, I'd say that is the very longest you'd have to wait at least (but hopefully it will be a lot shorter than that!).

Back