• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op assessment today

pooh71

Hello I'm new here and this is my first post. I am at Sunderland today for my pre-op assessment and my milk diet also starts today....eek!

What happens at the pre-op? I'm really scared as I've put the weight on that I'd lost with the balloon (which was removed mid December). I'm worried they will say I can't have op as my BMI is so high.

I hope it all goes ahead as I'm in the right frame of mind now.

Hello I'm new here and this is my first post. I am at Sunderland today for my pre-op assessment and my milk diet also starts today....eek!

What happens at the pre-op? I'm really scared as I've put the weight on that I'd lost with the balloon (which was removed mid December). I'm worried they will say I can't have op as my BMI is so high.

I hope it all goes ahead as I'm in the right frame of mind now.
Good luck ......im near the top of the waiting list at sunderland so id be interested to hear how you get on at the pre op xx

Hope all went well today Pooh...

I was in a similar position - I had my balloon out in August and between then and the preop on the 8th Feb I'd gone back up to 143kg putting on most of the 2.5stones that I'd lost.

I was 140kg in November when I saw Mr M to discuss outcomes of the MDT. He said I would need to lose some of the weight before the surgery but wasnt nasty about it. Sunderland can be quite strict, but I think it depends on who you get on the day. Well, I had a big blow out over Xmas and struggled to get back on track - had put on 3kg. At my pre-op weigh in I was advised that it would be best to get as near as the 140kg as possible before surgery.

Hi. Well I saw a staff nurse who was very nice. Was there for about an hour having bloods done, ECG, blood pressure, weigh in, loads of questions to answer! My weight was, as I suspected, the same before I had the balloon, but there was no mention of it being an issue... I'm booked in for the sleeve on the 26th feb. So I take it all is okay which is a massive relief. I just can't wait to get it done after all this time. Started the milk diet today... the pint of milk I'm drinking right now isn't quite as satisfying as the several bottles of wine I'd usually drink on a Friday, but it does feel like a new start :)

Glad your pre-op went well (I had my pre-op yesterday too - must be a good sign :-D)

Good luck on the 26th

Back