• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op assessment nerves

Pollyann

got my pre op assessment in a days time not sure what this consists of but so scared it will put a stop to my surgery on the 21st may i have a heart murmur had it since i was born has not caused me any problems so far so hopefully it wont stop me from having surgery

I guess they will have a conversation with you regarding your health issues which they already know about the pre ip assessment is just ticking all the other boxes talking about the type of WLS your having length of stay in your hospital and making sure your ready for the big day
very good luck!

How did it go Pollyanna?? Where abouts are you?

Hi Twothirdsamidwife my Pre op went okay but because I have a heart murmur I may need to have a echo sound on my heart as the Anesthetist likes this to be done but they told me there is a waiting list for e/sounds and I may not get it before my surgery date 21st may so my surgery could be cancelled till I have one. I was told to Just wait till I hear from the hospital as the Anesthetist was not there when I had my Pre op to say if I needed to have the e/sound so guess its another waiting game again :)

Hi Twothirdsamidwife my Pre op went okay but because I have a heart murmur I may need to have a echo sound on my heart as the Anesthetist likes this to be done but they told me there is a waiting list for e/sounds and I may not get it before my surgery date 21st may so my surgery could be cancelled till I have one. I was told to Just wait till I hear from the hospital as the Anesthetist was not there when I had my Pre op to say if I needed to have the e/sound so guess its another waiting game again :)

Oh no Pollyann, how disappointing for you but I suppose if its important then its worth waiting for. Hopefully this will still happen before your admission. I have my pre op on the 20th, were you there 2 hours like it says on the letter?
Jackie
x

Yes mine was around 2 hrs and silly me went early and spent over 3 hrs there I was at Sunderland Royal :)

Yes mine was around 2 hrs and silly me went early and spent over 3 hrs there I was at Sunderland Royal :)

Mine is at 8.45 in the morning so hopefully I wont be there too long. What did it involve? x

Pharmacist discusses medication you are on and what medication you will be on after operation /weight and height measured & blood pressure & pulse rate taken & bloods taken, ECG test done also swabs taken for MSRA and asked questions about yourself it was okay really I just saw different nurses for different test the waiting between the tests was the longest it could be all done in less than a hr but they have a system to which they work you will be fine Its nothing bad :)

Oh no - fingers xd they can squeeze you in before your surgery or maybe if your ecg was fine they might be happy with that. Hope you hear very soon. Stick with the lsd and keep positive!!!

Got my Echo Sound the day before I go in hospital for my surgery nothing like waiting till the last minute, fingers crossed all is well with the results :eek:

Back