• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op Assessment

bexmoss86

Hi all
Had my pre op appointment at the Thornbury in Sheffield. All went really well and all is ok for Monday - phew!

I just want to tell everyone that when you get your blood pressure taken, anywhere...if you have large arms make sure they use the larger cuff on you because the smaller one can give a false, higher reading.
That happened to me when the small cuff was used it gave a really really high reading which is odd because my bp is usually low and within the normal range, so she tried with the larger cuff and all was ok :)

GoodLuck.gif

Hi all
Had my pre op appointment at the Thornbury in Sheffield. All went really well and all is ok for Monday - phew!

I just want to tell everyone that when you get your blood pressure taken, anywhere...if you have large arms make sure they use the larger cuff on you because the smaller one can give a false, higher reading.
That happened to me when the small cuff was used it gave a really really high reading which is odd because my bp is usually low and within the normal range, so she tried with the larger cuff and all was ok :)

Hi Bex,

I have had that problem numerous times i think it is because a small cuff cuts into the arm as its inflating.

Also good luck for Monday,i had my op at the Thornbury,the staff are really nice there.

You will soon be joining us on the loosing side :D

xx

Thankyou very much:) ill be sure to keep you all updated when im FINALLY on the losers bench!

Thaks for that tip hun, i'm having my pre op next week:D:D:D

good luck for next week, they will also have the larger cuffs on the ward to x

Back