• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op assessment

Fairysteps

Hello :) I've just received my pre-op appointment from Southmead 19th feb. was wondering how long after this I get my gastric band op.
eeeek :)

Congratulations on getting to your pre op assessment!! I would think it varys from area to area, but I already had my date when I went for my pre op and it was 10 days after the pre op assessment.. I'm sure someone from your area will come along to answer your question more accurately, but good luck with your op xxx

Hello :) I've just received my pre-op appointment from Southmead 19th feb. was wondering how long after this I get my gastric band op.
eeeek :)
hi. i too have my pre-op assessment on 19th feb. But i am at Luton & Dunstable. My op date is 7th March and was given it at my meeting with surgeon. Hope you find out soon.

OMG that happens very quickly. Hope your pre op goes really well and that you are soon posting your post op story.

Hello hun :) its me bearer of bad news tut.............anyways you may get a date sooner than me with it being a different op. I asked at my pre-op how long until surgery and I was told anything upto 16 wks from pre-op. then they will haveto do pre-op again if it goes passed............I did ask if anyone had been to pre-op twice because of waiting and she said yes but not through there fault ie patient gained weight, or was poorly and so on. speak soon. x

great news you have your pre op, im sure your op wont be too far away from that appointment! Just enjoy the ride, it is happening! Your pre op is same day as my op :) good luck xx

Hi Fairysteps - Like Rickysmrs - sorry to dampen your enthusiasm. I am on the list for a band at Southmead. I had my pre-op on 27th of November and haven't got a firm date yet! So you've probably got a bit of a wait. Other posters on other threads sometimes seem to get a head start by saying they are available at short notice. You could try ringing Liz Hedges who is the waiting list coordinator. When I last rang her she suggested I would be done around the end of Feb or maybe the beginning of March. That seems to imply the waiting is around three months or just over but I think you actually go on the waiting list when you have had your endoscopy(and manometry if your having it). Hope that all makes sense but let me know if not!

Best wishes - David

Back