• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op assessment + pre op diets

Phojay

middle name OPTIMISTIC!!!
Hi all,

I've received an appointment to go for a pre op assessment on tues...can anyone tell me what this involves please??

Also, everyone seems to have different pre op diets to do, my consultant has asked me to do a normal healthy eating diet for 7 days before op...compared to some other pre op diets of milk diets, fluids etc, this doesn't seem very much???

Many thanks for all advice in advance!

hi my names rachel i had my band fitted in march and i did the milk and yogurt pre op diet very hard but i lost half stone doing it. i also know of people who do the 750 calories a day pre op diet. not much but id say its better then the milk and yog.

Hi Zorcia - i had my pre-op assessment done last month and they take your bloods, BP, ECG, swaps for MRSA, also any medication your on, urine sample, height and weight. Then i went on to see another nurse who took more of a medical history from me and then i had a lung function test. Yours may be the same or slightly different as your in South Wales. If you have any questions the nurses can help you.

As for diets there will be others along who will tell you about pre-op diets who have been through that stage as i haven't yet.

Good luck for your future and welcome to minis :talk017:

i had exactly the same as topsy except for the lung function test. It depends what ur general health is like. If youve had previous surgery, heart or stomach problems, u may need x-rays, sleep apnoea tests, etc, but if youre generally well like me, then just the routine tests.

Back