• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op checks?

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi did anyone else under Luton not have proper pre-op checks done. I went to my appt yesterday and there was no blood tests no blood pressure test and no mrsa swabs taken. All that happened was I was weighed, given meds for night before and morning of surgery and given advice about what I can have after surgery. Puzzled?????

That does seem rather odd. It's a pre-requisite to have such tests done before surgery, not just for bypass but for any planned surgery. Did you not ask them about it?

Sharon on my pre op assessment at Dunstable i had bloods, Mrsa swabs, another ECG, and general obs done, also went over my medication and told me that at present i was second on the list (but this was subject to change, and yes it did change) my medication i already had as they had sent a e-mail to my doctor who precribe the medication they had told him to

Sharron, I've just noticed your surgery is 3 weeks away yet, have they given you another appt nearer the date?

Hello there

I am due to have my pre op next week where I have been told I will be having bloods, Mrsa swabs,being weighed, measurements,Ecg,medication update and any other general obs and been told to allow myself 1 - 3 hours for the appointment. This was also the same routine when I had my gallbladder out last year as well. Might be an idea to give them a call, please let us know how you got on.

All the best - MeJulie x x

i was told my pre-op could be done no sonerr than 2 weeks before my op hence the reason why mines being done thursday 8th july and i have my op 20th july . They said things could change alot otherwise lol................god knows these hospital are rule to themselves .

Do you go in night b4 op or day of op Sharon , wondering if you go in night before they are going to do these then maybe ?

Hi everyone think I need to ring them tomorrow. I go in on the morning of the op at 11am op at 2pm ish. I don't have any other appt at the moment. I am a bit concerned now. Twiggie I never really thought much of it until I was out and on my way home. I will definately be on the phone to them in the morning as I don't want to turn up on the day and get told they are not going to do it as the tests weren't done. Thanks once again everyone.

i was told my pre-op could be done no sonerr than 2 weeks before my op hence the reason why mines being done thursday 8th july and i have my op 20th july . They said things could change alot otherwise lol................god knows these hospital are rule to themselves .

Do you go in night b4 op or day of op Sharon , wondering if you go in night before they are going to do these then maybe ?

How odd I was told its 3 weeks before surgery when I was talking to Debbie who makes the appointments.

when i had my pre ops i had bloods, swab, bp done and weighed, that was the pre op before i had to cancel. im at the hospital friday for pre op again. i think there doing the same tests, and i am going in to hospital the night before my op.. so sharron i would ask if you have to go back again for another check up before the surgery.

Hi everyone think I need to ring them tomorrow. I go in on the morning of the op at 11am op at 2pm ish. I don't have any other appt at the moment. I am a bit concerned now. Twiggie I never really thought much of it until I was out and on my way home. I will definately be on the phone to them in the morning as I don't want to turn up on the day and get told they are not going to do it as the tests weren't done. Thanks once again everyone.

I think you should definitely call and ask why no tests were done. It's a good job you thought about it now, if that was me it probably wouldn't have dawned on me until the day of the surgery lol :rolleyes:

Such a hassle for you if you have to go back again though. They wouldn't be able to do it the night before as the MRSA swabs need 48hrs to culture. Let us know what they say hun xx

Everywhere is so different i had my pre op back in April my surgery was going to be July but i had to change it (for september), i assumed i would have to have another pre op but was told that the pre op lasts for 6 months! But yes at mine i did have bloods, ecg, lung test, urine sample tested & mrsa swab

Strange!! Give them a ring Sharron and check with your team. If you do need to have the works done like most of us had at least you have time to get it sorted rather than them delaying your op because they have no test results. Good luck xx

Thanks for all your help everyone. I have spoken to them this morning and I have another appt for the checks doing on 16th July. She asked if I had not received the letter so she is sending it again. Panic over, so didn't want to turn up on day of op for them to send me away again as no checks done. Once again thanks for all your support.

Glad you got it all sorted now!

Back