• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet- Kill me now!

TessG

Have been on pre-op diet for 5 days now and am in pain!

Have got head ache, tummy cramps, am throwing up.

Please tell me this gets easier!

Oh dear hun I think you should contact your team and let them know what is going on.

Good luck.

I didnt feel like that when I was on the pre-op, perhaps you have a bug or something? Maybe give your team a ring....I dont think you should be feeling as bad as that. The headache could be dehydration so just make sure you drink plenty and good luck XX

That doesnt sound to good, i would do as the others suggest. x

Hi Ive had a bad time on the pre op diet too, thank god Ive only got 4 days left been on it for three weeks, Ive fainted felt sick headache tummy cramps all you can have. Does it get easier well the symptoms do but my head is saying I'm starving I'm having a major battle with will power and I'm ashamed to say while on this diet it has won a few times not major but still I have had the odd slice of bread but trust me it ain't worth it as you have to start all over again with tummy cramps. I am praying for my date and hubby and son are just discussing in detail might I add what take out they are ordering omg I'm starving lol xxx

Yeah I think it could be that as when I had a slice of bread I craved more thats the only thing I want carbs xx

Carbs are killers ( not literally of course,lol) I was lucky that I didnt have to do the pre op diet, but I did cut back on my carbs cutting a little out each day rather then going cold turkey. xx

I am dead set of sticking with it. I will give the hospital a ring though if this doesn't settle down.

I know that obviously post op there is pain from surgery and stuff but does the post op diet make you feel as grim?

Chezez good luck with your op! I am sorry your not feeling too good either. Your family sound like mine. My dad has been sat next to me eating sweet and sour pork...yum yum..and i'm vegetarian!!!

My son had exact same symptoms the dr said it's a viral infection he's only 7 he was screaming in pain last night and was sick everywhere he's a bit better today hope u feel bettr soon xx

The post op diet was easier for me as I didnt feel hungry atall, the only problem was getting anything down me and boredom after a couple of weeks :D XX

Back