• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op diet - quick question

Nicnac_

i have my pre op diet what i am allowed to have etc and actually looking forward to it!

One thing im not sure of is if your allowed diet drinks like diet coke? i only usually drink water, orange squash the no added sugar variety or diet coke or lemonade.

Yes you are allowed it. But you might as well start weening yourself off it now as you won't be able to have fizzy post-op :cool:

Yeah knew not allowed post op I don't think will bother be much not having and will save me a lot of money lol

Hi Nicnac

I would check with your provider as, unlike Jemima, I was not allowed it on my pre op. It was just water with NAS squash.

Follow your providers guidelines and you can't go wrong :)

Good luck

Justine x

I was allowed it on my pre op diet and we are allowed it post-op but you have to let it go flat (yuck!)
Fortunately my tastes have changed so much I don't want it post-op! I used to drink 15 cans a day!
Double-check with your team because they all seem to differ in their rules! Good luck xx

Thanks - will do!

Sashie1977 can think of nothing worse than flat coke! Rather not have it x

Thanks - will do!

Sashie1977 can think of nothing worse than flat coke! Rather not have it x

Me too, one of the reasons why I am glad I don't want it anymore! Lol xx

I occasionally get 'that feeling' in my mouth that a fizzy drink cuts through so I let my 14 year old have a can on the proviso I can have the first mouthful.

I don't swallow it, just simply swill it round my mouth and spit it out like mouthwash. Hadn't thought of it before but I don't think I'm normal!!

I was a complete Diet Coke addict, have been for 15 years. I am sure it is partly responsible for my weight gain. But anyway. I was not allowed it pre-or post op and weaning myself off it is fantastic. I am glad I cant have it. I used to get terrible headaches and mood swings on it.

Glad I'm not the only one then who is addicted to diet coke!
LOL

I can drink bottles of the stuff - cant stand normal coke just diet coke I like.

Back