• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No carbs diet

Butterfly1979

Hi, I'm having a bypass at Chichester on Tuesday and started the pre op diet yesterday, I cannot tolerate milk so they gave me the no carbs diet to follow, however it does not mention on the guide sheet whether it's ok to drink tea or coffee, squash or diet coke, has anyone got any ideas as it only mentions water?

I think you'd be best off ringing your dietician or surgeon's secretary to confirm this as everywhere seems to do things differently.

Tatiana

Hi, mine states that I can have water, tea & coffee with sweetners and sugar free squash or diet fizzy drinks (but begin to stop having the fizzy drinks), best to check with your dietitian though as some areas differ slightly.

I had the same info as Yatesy, but found my tolerance for fizzy drinks is really waning. I bought two 600ml bottles of Pepsi Max the other day (BOGOF deal) and usually I'd have finished both of them in a couple of hours. I opened one yesterday, took an hour to drink half and then put half back in the fridge and it's still there! So strange that my body's making all these changes without me *lol*

Butterfly - you say you can't tolerate milk; is that because you don't like it, are allergic or intolerant? If it's the latter I really recommend the Lactofree range of milk which is cows milk without the lactose. I literally live on the stuff now and means I don't have to use soya all the time (I don't mind it in tea/coffee, but in things like milkshakes it just tastes horrid >_<)

tea, coffee, no added sugar squash and diet fizzies are all fine.....however best to try and stop the fizzy stuff in prep for your pouch xxx

Mio, have not done the milk diet as I can drink milk in tea but to drink litres of it would make me gagg! Rung hospital earlier and they said everything as you all have , tea coffee diet fizz which is good ad I thought i could only drink water. I have to say though I know I am one of the lucky ones to be on no carb diet instead of the milk diet but I am starving!! Cannot stop thinking about food and all I want to do is eat chocolate. I know it will be worth it in the end but I'm finding this hard .

Back