• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Diet Sheet

becgow

I'm meant to start my pre op diet on Wednesday but iv had no Info as yet..... I'm having a bypass at Sunderland on the 3rd April... Can anyone help???

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

I have my op on the 11th and went to the the consultation yesterday, they told me three slim fast and upto 6 muller light yogs a day with plenty of fluids, they didn't give me any leaflets or any indication that I would be sent any, I'm having a band though so I'm not sure if it would be different. But if it's to shrink your liver then I'm sure it will be similar, hope this helps xx

Sunderland do the milk diet for 10 days, give them a ring and they will get a copy sent out to you but it shud be on its way already. If you dont recieve this on time let me no and I will post exactly what your allowed if I can find my pre op diet sheet. x

Congratulations! You must be so excited - I'm waiting for a date at srh for a sleeve hopefully end April/May?!?

Essentially the pre-op @ srh is 2-3 pints of milk, 2 low fat yogurts, sugar free jelly and veg soup in moderation x

Essentially the pre-op @ srh is 2-3 pints of milk, 2 low fat yogurts, sugar free jelly and veg soup in moderation x

yes this is the diet but the veg soup must not have any potatos or lentils in it and they say about 1 cup amount of soup each day xx

Thanks everyone! .. I phoned today and they said they Wud ask dietitian to send me diet in post... So fingers crossed I get it in time.

I'm sure they can email it if it doesn't arrive on time. Do you know when your pre-op assessment will be? X

good luck with your liver reduction diet i didn't think it was too bad the milk was alittle sickly but i managed it fine lost bout 12 lb so its a good start to get you on your way, I had my op at Sunderland as well staff were lovely and the dietician i found very helpful I had to ring her several times after i came home till i got my head round things. You,ll be fine. xx

I coped fine with the milk diet but the taste in my mouth was rank so I chewed sugar free gum until my mouth felt fresher & then threw it away so I didn't get in the habit of gum as we can't have it post op. to much acid produced for no actual food & we swallow air as we chew again not pouch friendly.

Newcy my pre op is on the 27th.. Iv just realised that I don't have to start diet until Saturday morning phew! I should have received diet sheet by then.. Thanks for you and chrisa and penelope. I'm so nervous now I don't understand myself... I'm actually having second thoughts which is not me this is all iv wanted for years.. Maybe it's just the realisation of how different my life and attitude to food will have to be and doubting myself as to whether I can do it.... I don't know!! your probably thinking I'm a nutter Lol. It's probably just the jitters cos I really want my life and body back. My weight has been caused no end of health problems and not helped other conditions I have.. Tomorrow I'm off to have anaesthesia injections into my spine as I'm in agony after multiple ops to have a lumbar shunt inserted last year as I have raised cerebral pressure which they think is a condition caused by excessive weight. I have M.E and I'm so tired all the time and have such pain in my joints I find it hard to move most days so my quality of life is ***** at present which isn't fair to my 3 children who mainly only have me as my hubby is In the forces and is always away... He is due to go back to Afghanistan again in June ish time for 7 months.... Anyway sorry about that ranting pity party, and I wasn't going to write all that Lol. Iv just mentally give myself a slap hehe.. Xx

I think its perfectly normal to be nervous but just keep busy with getting yourself ready for hospital and post-op and I'm sure the time will go by quickly.

You'll be on the losers bench in no time and hopefully a picture of health x

Back