• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please help!!!

becgow

I'm on day 8 of my 10 day pre op diet which I have done really well on.... Until today!! I have fell off the diet wagon today and now the guilt is eating me alive..... I have no excuse only that my mum (who has come up from Manchester to look after my 3 children whilst I go in for bypass this coming Monday as my husband is away with work until Tuesday night.) has been rushed into hospital with suspected liver failure yesterday.. The stress is immense as I am desperately trying to find care for my kids till dad gets home and worry and guilt about leaving my mum.. I feel sick now the food is inside me after being so good, I so hope iv not ruined my chances of having my operation now :( any advice??? please

Sent from my GT-S5360 using WLSurgery

Things arent good for you right now but I would get back on the wagon and continue but before your op I would explain to the hospital what youve done case its affected ur liver, the last thing you want is to be cut open but not of had your op. What did u eat cause that will make a difference u mite still be ok. I hope your mams ok and everything goes well for you, keep posting x

Aww bless you what aterrible time you are having, hopefully you won't have done too much wrong get back on your pre op diet and like people said just explain at hospital hopefully you will be fine hope you get everything sorted out for your kids as well. prayers going out for you and your family xx

i agree with the others bec but try not to be too hard on yourself - you are only human!!
hope all turns out well for you and your mam xx

What did you eat?Put it into context with what you have already done.Stay strong!Maz x

I'm sure all will be well,just stay calm and optimistic the glass is always half full remember, not half empty be positive you will ahve waited a while for this don't give up now xx

i am sure you will be fine, just start back on your pre op diet, drink plenty of warter and dont worry about it no more, you have enough on your plate. take care. xxx

i did my pre opp diet for 3 weeks and i cheated once too hun i felt really bad and was sure they was gonna stop my opp but i was fine i had it done 8 weeks ago so try not to worrie im sure u will be ok i had a chicken kabab with garlic sauce hun how bad was that lol x dont worrie x

I am having my op tomorrow, fingers crossed, and last week during the first week of my pre op diet I had a piece of cheese, felt really guilty and not fine it since. Hope my liver has shrunk enough. Don't worry what's done is done just don't do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm on day 8 of my 10 day pre op diet which I have done really well on.... Until today!! I have fell off the diet wagon today and now the guilt is eating me alive..... I have no excuse only that my mum (who has come up from Manchester to look after my 3 children whilst I go in for bypass this coming Monday as my husband is away with work until Tuesday night.) has been rushed into hospital with suspected liver failure yesterday.. The stress is immense as I am desperately trying to find care for my kids till dad gets home and worry and guilt about leaving my mum.. I feel sick now the food is inside me after being so good, I so hope iv not ruined my chances of having my operation now :( any advice??? please

So your mum has been taken into hospital with possible liver failure and you're having to cope with that and three kids on your own? chuff me lady falling off the wagon is the least of your worries. Right now you have to decide if this is the best time for you to go through surgery. You'll need as much help and support and strength a you can get and if your mum is really as sick as you suspect it might not be the right time just right now. If you can cope with this added pressure then you're one heck of a woman and one inappropriate meal is inconsequential. You'll be fine for the op if you stick to the diet for the remainder of the time.

Good luck and I hope your mum is OK. My liver and kidneys and gal bladder all failed last year at the same time but the doctors were able to start them up again so I'm sure she'll get through. You're all in my prayers

So your mum has been taken into hospital with possible liver failure and you're having to cope with that and three kids on your own? chuff me lady falling off the wagon is the least of your worries. Right now you have to decide if this is the best time for you to go through surgery. You'll need as much help and support and strength a you can get and if your mum is really as sick as you suspect it might not be the right time just right now. If you can cope with this added pressure then you're one heck of a woman and one inappropriate meal is inconsequential. You'll be fine for the op if you stick to the diet for the remainder of the time.

Good luck and I hope your mum is OK. My liver and kidneys and gal bladder all failed last year at the same time but the doctors were able to start them up again so I'm sure she'll get through. You're all in my prayers

karlos im really sorry about your liver kidneys and gal bladder can i ask was this anything to do with your wls ????

Oh my!! Thank you all so much! Iv just had a little cry as the rush of support was so unexpected! What did I eat? Well....
2 poached eggs 1 piece of toast, 1 potato cake, 1 small piece of sunflower bread and some cheerios cereal :( :( =-O
Today all iv done is go to the toilet and iv had tummy ache all day.
Still don't know what is happening with mum should know more tomorrow. My wonderful dad is on his way to obviously see his wife and to watch kids for me until hubby home. God help him he won't know whats hit him! :p I get picked up at 12 tomorrow to be taken to Sunderland hospital for my hopeful op on Tuesday.
I have said id rearrange my op but mum said she wouldn't forgive me as iv waited so long and suffer from other illnesses related to excess weight that themselves have seen me in hospital this last 18mths. I also have M.E. so weight loss should help that too.
Will keep u posted.... <3

Karlos! How awful for you to have had multiple organ failure. I'm glad your ok now...do they know why it happened?

Well sounds like things are coming together for you, i had my op at SRH to. Its a great place on the bariatric ward they are lovely treat you really well, hope the news is good bout your mam and brill that dad is on the way, the last thing you need to worry bout is your op by the time u get to hospital you won't av time to be nervous, hope all goes well and everything is resolved for you all xx

I had my bypass at Sunderland in November, I hope all goes well for you keep us posted and I hope ur mams ok xx

Thanks. What happens the day u arrive? Is there normally a long list to wait on op day? X

forgive yourself hunny ... your doing amazingly well ... hope all goes well for you x

Well I went in on Friday 1pm and the op was the next day luckily I was 1st down think that was to do with the fact that I have allergies and sleep apnoea. When i got there you and who ever else goes in will have a meeting with the dietician after getting your all inclusive wrist bands on. She will talk about what you can eat after the op and ways of cooking and adding things to keep up a healthy diet. BY late afternoon you will ahve met most of those who are having the same op and be chatting together then its visiting time. Bed time then op day, On the morning of op they give you your gown ans sometimes you see surgeon an danaethetist day before but we saw them on morning of op, to explain what you can expect and sign forms. Then its sexy stockings n shower timeto put party frock on and its showtime xx wake up and its hello new life, and more hard work but its worth it xx

Much like chrisa said but I went in on a monday at 3pm, I had a hiatus hernia repair done at the same time as the bypass so was on a ward with people with gall stones removed and 1 other person having a bypass. They were really nice and it helps loads going in day b4 op cause u get relaxed and have plenty of time to ask any last minute questions u think of. I was 3rd on the list the nxt morning they said it would be about 2 o clock but they came for me at 12.30 thats when the panic started cause it meant I didnt see my hubby before my op, I was petrified but everyone was so nice and said all the right things I sobbed all the way to theatre. Just before 6 I was back on the ward and painfree got changed into me own jamas straight away so I was more comfy for me visitors and the biggest pain was in my shoulders from the anasthetic it killed me and took 2 wks to go completely. Hope ur op goes smoothly and you have a quick recovery. Feel free to ask any questions xx

Big Hugs lovely... dont beat yourself up... with all your troubles you have still done so well... if you are up to it.. get back on it tmro xx i wish you and your family all the luck in the world xx

Back