• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE OP DIET FOR SRH

lindy62

Hi, has anyone got the low fat pre op diet for sunderland, I hate milk, I dont even drink tea or coffee because I dont like milk, so I could'nt do the milk pre op. I think Lisa-em did the low fat one, I know someone who's just had their op in may at sunderland done the low fat one. (sorry for rambling, I've just found out, Im pencilled in for my op on june 29th, my heads all over the place, I want to start pre op diet early as I put 4lb on since I last seen the surgeon, because I've just back from my holidays on sunday) so any help please

lindy62

Hi, has anyone got the low fat pre op diet for sunderland, I hate milk, I dont even drink tea or coffee because I dont like milk, so I could'nt do the milk pre op. I think Lisa-em did the low fat one, I know someone who's just had their op in may at sunderland done the low fat one. (sorry for rambling, I've just found out, Im pencilled in for my op on june 29th, my heads all over the place, I want to start pre op diet early as I put 4lb on since I last seen the surgeon, because I've just back from my holidays on sunday) so any help please

lindy62

Hi Lindy, you could ring the dietician and ask for a copy but it was:
Breakfast: 1 small glass fruit juice, 1 weetabix or small bowl of sugar free cereal with semi skimmed or skimmed milk
Lunch: 1 egg or small piece of meat or fish or fat-free cottage cheese, salad and either 2 crisp reads or 1 slice of bread. 1 low-fat yoghurt.
Dinner: small piece of meat or fish, 1 small potato or 2 tablespoons of rice or pasta
Piece of fruit

It's ingrained on my brain! Basically I lived on chicken or prawn stir fry for tea (you can use spices & I used soy sauce) & didn't bother with the rice or pasta cos it wasn't worth having!! Lunch was either cottage cheese & cracked pepper crisp breads with carrot sticks & celery, egg & tomato mixed with no mayo on crisp breads, soup or chicken salad. I snacked on pineapple and saved my yoghurt for a night. Hope this helps, good luck! X

Hi Lisa-em
I'm pleased your op went well. I've been lost in the system.my seminar was march 2012 Had dietitian app, bariatric nurse app ,surgeon app beginning of August 2012 he agreed for a gastric bypass,and I haven't heard anything from them since. I telephoned his secretary and she said I haven't even been put before the board yet. plus i haven't had the camera yet. I am gutted. how can you get lost.I seemed to have been waiting for so long. I feel better after a bit moan. Haha

Thank you very much for that Lisa, can you eat veg aswell, can you use low fat spread or low fat mayo on your crisp breads, bread or do you have to have it dry, are you allowed fruit.

lindy62

Hi Getti99, my seminar was july 2011 so i've been waiting nearly 2 years, they said they forgot about me, I also had my last appointment cancelled and had to wait another 6 months for a new one. Are you waiting for surgery at Sunderland, I think the overall wait is about 18 months to 2 year but I know it is supposed to be one of the best hospitals for surgery of this kind, so i'ts worth the wait. I'm still in shock at getting my date

lindy62

Hi lindy62
Yes I'm at sunderland .have you had the camera .i think I know why I've been lost.i had another app with another. Surgeon (not bariatric ) and I think because they didn't have my notes they bypassed me and forgot to put me back on list You must be thrilled to get your date ,I hope everything goes alright for your op
Getti99

Hi getti99, I think it seems to be the normal waiting at sunderland 18 to 24 months I resigned myself to this and I think everyone has at least 1 appointment cancelled if not more, so I knew how long I had to wait, but I could'nt believe when they lost me, it was just as well I rang to check. Yes I had my endoscopy done, I think everyone at sunderland has to have one. But not long know

lindy62

Thank you very much for that Lisa, can you eat veg aswell, can you use low fat spread or low fat mayo on your crisp breads, bread or do you have to have it dry, are you allowed fruit.

lindy62

Ah yeah, sorry, you can have veg at dinner time and 1 piece of fruit. Nothing else, no spreads or mayo. Ring the dietician though, I got my pre-op diet posted to me, she might send yours earlier if you ask then you'll have the exact instructions.

Thanks again Lisa, I've already rang and left a message, I'm at slimming world so I'm already eating healthy, so should be ok till I get the diet posted

lindy62

Back