• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet

dsarah1977

hello all,
Spoke to bariatrics yesterday as waiting 4 my appoiuntment for weight management and to find out when to start pre op and wat it is etc she gonna chase it but then said i may have to start it 4 weeks b4 op ouch no xmas dinner for me !! Just wondering if anyone else did 4 weeks b4......4 weeks seem to be along time with no real food lol i know if i have to do it 4 weeks b4 then i will as its a new start 4 me in 2010.TRust me to have op after new year and top of my birthday !!! Mind i cant wait now.........take care

Sarah xx

My hospital told me that pre op diets should be done for a minimum of two weeks before surgery but for no longer than 4. I did two and a half. Sure that will be fine for you.

Because i got a cancellation i am doing the pre op for 8 days i got the email re what to eat and ive had mostly whats on it although i have changed a couple of things basically ime sticking to 800 cals a day and lots and lots of fluids esp water.

i start my pre op diet in a couple of weeks and im on it for three weeks , and i can not bloody wait! i cant belive im looking forward to eating hardly any thing lol think im looking forward to just getting on with things really x

My Surgeon doesn't believe in pre-op diets as such tells you to stick to low fat low carb diet. Mr P say's the reason for this is he want's you to be at peak fitness for your opp. I know other Surgeons like people to do the Liver shrinking diet, as it can make the opp easier.

Jeanx

Back