• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update on pre op appointment

dsarah1977

Hi all went well with pre op appointment till they did blood pressure and it was high still i really dont know wat to do now as they said if it dont come down then the op could get cancelled im really upset at the thought of this happening......docs have upped tabs but they havent worked at all

sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

Try not to worry, if you are on blood pressure meds get your gp to keep an eye on your blood pressure. If they need to make adjustments to your meds it can be done in time for your op.

Pinkyxx

Hi Sarah,
Sounds like you and I have the same problem.
I have started on medication and have to go back to the docs again nxt week to see what BP is like then. I was hoping the strict pre-op diet would help too.
Good luck x

hi thelma

Sounds like the tabs ur on are not working for you, so surely if they are not working the doctor will change em for you. Dont leave without a fight mate.

All the best - MeJulie xx

What tabs you on Sarah?

Similar happened to me, amlodipine only made a small difference so I'm also on Ramapril as well. At my pre- admission appointment mine was slightly raised. They thought it was cause of the rushing around I'd been doing that day. They didn't seem overly concern and I go my GP to check it a few days later and it was fine.

You still have time to sort it out.

Pinkyxx

They can add more tabs to the mix hun. I'm on 10mg Amlopodine, 10mg Ramipril, 5mg Bendrofluazide and 4mg Doxazosin for my blood pressure and it was still 150 over 110 last week, so they may need to up my dose.

It can be done and you still have loads of scope for more meds - it will only be temporary, because when you lose weight your bp will go down, hopefully.

Good luck x

Hi Sarah sorry to hear the bp is causing you problems. Mine was really high having never suffered from high blood pressure before a few months back and didn't come down so I was put on Lisinopril 5mg. That didn't make hardly any difference at all so my gp increased the dose to 10mg thankfully when I went into hospital 10 days ago for sleep clinic it was normal again, so hopefully the can give you something else and get it sorted. I know a friend of mine has been on quite a few different ones and is now sorted with meds. Good luck.

hi all doc added 5mg ramipril said if still raised next week to double my tablets to 10 mg but brought a blood pressure machine today and seems lower now just hope it is when go hospital x

Back