• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE OP DIET

wendy1963

I am on the no carbs pre op diet and i am allowed 4 pieces of fruit are any fruit excluded from this ie bananas.

wendy1963 said:
I am on the no carbs pre op diet and i am allowed 4 pieces of fruit are any fruit excluded from this ie bananas.

Its quite high carb if 4 pieces of fruit are allowed :) my hospital never specified a fruit. Fruits like bananas are usually what people avoid when cutting carbs. Sorry I can't help further. Good luck :) xxx

Wendy

My info says 3 small pieces of fruit, I'm really finding this all confusing. My consultation with Star was over a year ago, and I can't really remember what was said, and the sheet we need to follow is so basic!!

I'm almost living on sugar free jelly at the mo, and got horrible headaches :(
Oh and I am drinking Bouillion which is really nice

Good luck x

I find this confusing too - when I was advised to try low-carb by the hospital dietician, she said avoid fruit as it is high in carbs and I was eating too much.

Jamast said:
I find this confusing too - when I was advised to try low-carb by the hospital dietician, she said avoid fruit as it is high in carbs and I was eating too much.

That is my understanding of low carb too. Hospitals are all confusing!

I am also confused I have 2 sheets of pre op diet one says 3 pieces of fruit one says 4 when i spoke to sheila she didnt mention fruit also my pre op sheet says you can have milk with tea and coffee Sheila said no milk.

wendy1963 said:
I am also confused I have 2 sheets of pre op diet one says 3 pieces of fruit one says 4 when i spoke to sheila she didnt mention fruit also my pre op sheet says you can have milk with tea and coffee Sheila said no milk.

Dieticians have a lot to answer for!! Mine would never say the same thing!

When I did the low carb, fat and Cals real food option of my pre op, I stuck to veg and lean protein like chicken. I have been a low carb addict in the past, and realised fruit wasn't gonna help me get into ketosis. And ketosis is great, as you have no hunger then :)

Your team need to give you some straight answers. It's a shame it's bank holiday :(

Hi have just prepared my lunch although the colour is much to be desired it smells quite nice I boiled a leek ,celery stick and a chicken stock cube then put it in the blender and i am going to add a small chicken breast fillet. try to eat more than the sugar free jelly as it will be a long 2 weeks good luck. wendy

I have been having a splash of milk in my tea, but I'd better stop if that's the advice Sheila has given!

My headache is better today

Really not sure what to do about fruit!!!

Your lunch sounds nice hun, enjoy

Kim x

Dieticians have a lot to answer for!! Mine would never say the same thing!

When I did the low carb, fat and Cals real food option of my pre op, I stuck to veg and lean protein like chicken. I have been a low carb addict in the past, and realised fruit wasn't gonna help me get into ketosis. And ketosis is great, as you have no hunger then :)

Your team need to give you some straight answers. It's a shame it's bank holiday :(

Roll on the ketosis!! lol x

Back