• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 4 pre-op

malibu

Hi I am on day 4 of my pre-op no fat and no carbs only green veg and salad, fruit, sugar free jelly, eggs, chicken , fish, oxo drinks.

After 3 days the scales show a 6lb loss!!! :D

well done on the pre op weight loss, im day 10 of mine have my op a week today, good luck with your op do you know what your having yet

Hi thank you,
No not sure if I'm having the bypass or sleeve it depends on any scar tissue left from my band that I had to have taken out in 2011.

Sounds like the bypass is the first option.

Well done on your 10 days, it's hard and repetitive eh?

x

yes just a bit, im fed up of eggs now, i wanted the bypass but the doctors said no the sleeve due to being on alot of meds, good luck with which ever you have

Best of luck with your bypass. I will be having the band on the 9/06/13. So how was your experience with the band and if you don't mine me asking why are you removing it.

Hi I had my band in 2007 and did really well, worked with it and did everything right and lost 7 stone.
After year and a half it kept getting tight and I kept bringing up froth, started slider foods!

Got really bad and referred to NHS St. George's by GP in 2009, backwards and forwards for two years same problem.
In 2011 I got really bad woke up choking on saliva
reflux galore, things getting stuck all the time.
Eventually I could not eat solids this went on for a good week, then I could not drink fluids this went on for a few days. I started to bring up bile and was very weak.
My hubby took me to A & E St. Georges and they kept me in on a drip for a week. I had Barium x-rays, endoscopies and the band looked normal.
My oesophagus was inflamed so had meds for this.

They agreed that the band had to come out as it was not getting better, no fluid in band at all but when the barium went in it was just sitting in the pouch not going anywhere!

They would not take the band out until funding was agreed, so they wanted to send me home. I refused as I still could not keep fluids down and had been nil by mouth the whole time.
I said I would handcuff myself to the bed if I had to!!

I stayed in until oesophagus had calmed down and could have fluids and sloppy food.

Whilst waiting for funding I was in and out of A & E for the next couple of months, eventually thanks to my daughter and husband who phone the PCT direct got my funding!

I had my band out in July 2011 exactly 4 years to the month of having it put in! They said it was due to scar tissue build up around the band.

The relief was unbelievable I can tell you! I had lost 7 stone and tried to keep it off but over the next two years it all went back on and a little bit more besides.

I asked my GP to refer me for funding for the Sleeve in 2010 but got to April exactly one year later and nothing, chasing it up got me nowhere and eventually my hubby and I decided enough was enough and after meeting some lovely ladies who are post sleevers, booked to see a provider and paid my deposit there and then.
My surgery is booked for 9th June and until the consultant opens me up and depending on the scar tissue he will either do a Sleeve or Bypass!

Bet you wished you never asked now!! ;)

Seriously thank you for your interest.
x

Well done on your weightloss! My story with my band is exactly the same as you. I had my band revised to a sleeve in September which is now being revised to a bypass tomorrow! Eeeeek!
Good luck with your surgery! :) xx

Hi if you don't mind me asking why from sleeve to bypass?

Good luck for tomorrow I hope it all goes well for you, be interested in hearing how you got on.
xx

The sleeve has been fantastic but I have a horrible big ring of scar tissue around the top of my stomach from my band. It is preventing food from going down properly so I am sick a lot. They want to bypass this scar tissue to stop me being sick. It's not a bypass as we know it as 85% of my stomach has gone anyway...but they need to bypass this area so that I can get proper food into me. My vitamin levels are awful because of all the sickness so I am desperate for it to be done!
I will let you know how it goes :) x

Welcome Malibu

It sounds like you've been through the ringer. I do wish you all the best on the next steps of your journey. I've just been banded. I paid privately because I have been so ill with fibromyalgia and OA in knees, hips, neck and spine. My husband very kindly gave me his bonus to pay for it. I feel really guilty that the money has been spent on me instead of the family, but hopefully all the family will benefit if I start robe more mobile.

Good luck to you.

Thank you and good luck on your journey, what a lovely hubby you have!
Do not feel guilty as it will benefit all of your family as well as you. It means they get you for longer, and a happier and healthier you at that!:)
Mine is also a diamond and would give me the earth if it made me happy. :D
x

Back