• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diets............

Meggie

.................do you think there is a better/bigger % weight-loss depending if you do the milk or low cal pre-op diet. I know you should do the one recommended to you by your dietician but I was just wondering whether one is better than the other. I know this may, again, come down to the individual! I am due to start my pre-op diet in about 3 weeks and am not sure I'll be able to stick to the low cal diet, which I believe is favoured by the Whittington. Can I request to do the milk diet, or would people not recommend this?

I am on the cup-a-soup pre op diet, all I am aloud is clear soup, and jelly, nothing else. they even said NO milk in coffee, but I had to draw the line there. Ive not felt too bad, a little drained maybe, but not starving. this is day 4 of my pre op diet, and I know that I have lost some weight already. :)

Mornin Meggie long time no chat :):):) hun u can give Lucy a call today as they are back to work today as am sure they mentioned u can do the slimfast diet.
I know u spoke 2 Heath bout doing CD and he said u dont have 2 but if u feel u want to do a fluid diet then u have 3 options as long as Lucy is ok with them.

1) the milk diet
2) slimfast
3)Lipotrim

I think we have talked bout Lipotrim b4 it is identical to CD the same amount of carbs and cals and the good thing is that ur in ketosis within 3/4 days max so after that ur not hungry and its just head hunger to deal with. It is available at loads of chemists and costs bout £35/40 a week,to start LT u dont need a doc`s permission like with CD u just go along to the chemist and either watch a dvd there or take it home then u can start.
As u know i was going to do CD for my pre op so i cant see why you should not be able to do LT if Lucy ok`d it.

Omg i have chatted loads here lmao chat later gal am sure and have a good day xxx

Hi
I have no idea, I am on Mr Ammori's low cal low carb diet. In my opinion it must be easier to follow than all teh others and I dont think the weight will just fall off in these 2 weeks but its all about shrinking the liver so I just hope I will have dont enough x

Hi Ellen

Happy New Year - its more about shrinkage of the liver than actual pounds dropped. You need to decide what is easiest to stick to rigidly for one month - eating 1000 calories a day or just drinking stuff. I went for the food option as I knew I could never stick to just cambridge diet. Horses for courses I guess.

Back