• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help !!! pre op diets!!!

Im surprised your consultant did not give you one to just follow, I had no option and did the milk and yog one.
Which involved me having 2 pts of semi skimmed milk a day, bovril, water tea coffee, and 2 muller light yogs- I did miss chewing on that diet.
But its a good detox, and is worth sticking to in order to minimise complications etc.

Hello everyone

i have to start my pre op diet in a week and i was wondering which one to do and anyones experience would be appreciated.

what is involved in the milk diet, the consultant has given me a low carb one but think i may struggle on that

thanks
helen xx

I did the milk and yoghurt one, it wasn't that bad for the first few days but got a bit boring towards the end. After my op, I wish I had done the low carb/calorie one as our surgeon requests that we do four weeks post op on fluids only.

I found that I coped better just knowing that I had milk and no other food but we are all different. Good luck to you, it will soon pass and you will be on the losing side :):)

Well I'm really bad and didn't do any!! I know I should but I have no will power at all. I had everything I wanted up until the night before when the last thing I had was a Marks and Spencer cherry crumble with custard and thoroughly enjoyed it mmm...funny though since Op I haven't felt like eating anything at all, but the thought of sweet stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Helen I did 3 days on a low fat low carb plan, and got so sick of the weighing and measuring that I swapped to the milk one for the last 10 days. I had to do 2 days of clear fluids only then aswell. I found the milk diet good, much easier to follow as it was so simple, and you can get milk anywhere!

I didn't have a choice. I've been told to have 100cal a day.

It's a shock to the system but I've kinda worked out 200cal every 2 hours stops me from keeling over.

I've also noticed I need a bit more than that late afternoon. I was concerned eating more at that time wouldn't leave me enough to get thru the eve and night. However, it hasn't and late evening I can fob myself off with a hot soup (bouilion from holland and barratt only 12 cal)

Good luck with yours, give me a shout if you want more details

Hello everyone

i have to start my pre op diet in a week and i was wondering which one to do and anyones experience would be appreciated.

what is involved in the milk diet, the consultant has given me a low carb one but think i may struggle on that

thanks
helen xx
Hellooo Helen

Happy days. Finally there. I've got 6 July. It looks like you are in about 3rd week of June. What's your date? How are you feeling?

Mr. A ok'd me to do a vlcd (am doing Cambridge Diet), which I've started 7 weeks from surgery. I discussed this with him at the consult in March. I'ld rather not deal with foodstuffs, just the trusty shakes and water.
I reckon nervous excitement will get you through any pre-op diet. Never in all my attempts at starting the cambridge diet have I had such a succesful week. Not a single cheat. Even struggled to take all 4 units.

Best wishes with the pre-op diet, whichever you decide to do.
xxx

Back