• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op food

alisoomy71

Ok I am due to start my pre-op diet on the 17th June, surgery 1st July at chelsfield park.
On my diet sheet it say's the usual clear liquids broths soups and sf jelly oxo's chicken turkey and green salad or veg.
And it also say's if vegetarian you can have 2 eggs, but I have read on here that most people have had eggs I was under the impression it was only vegetarians that could have eggs. Can anyone clarify this?
Also how many oxo's are you allowed in a day and sf jellies is it if you feel hungry you can have one or is there a limit.

I know I have a few weeks grace at the moment but it won't be long before it crops up.

Have already sort of started I have not had bread for nearly two weeks and no more coke it's water or tea at the moment the odd orange juice. Can you have orange juice during pre-op diet and post op?

Any thing else anyone can advise me on would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Thanks Ali x

angiemason

my pre op diet was approx 800 cals a day, i made a sugar free jelly and divided it into three pots to have one a day i only had 1 oxo a day in afternoon when i was at my hungriest, the pre op diet is to shrink your liver to make sure it is ok for the op because they have to be able to move it out of the way, so if you think about that it will help make sure you don't have fatty food or sugary :) i didn't have eggs on my pre op i literally stuck to the letter because i was so afraid they wouldn't do it if my liver hadn't shrunk. Good Luck x take care :)

alisoomy71

angiemason said:
my pre op diet was approx 800 cals a day, i made a sugar free jelly and divided it into three pots to have one a day i only had 1 oxo a day in afternoon when i was at my hungriest, the pre op diet is to shrink your liver to make sure it is ok for the op because they have to be able to move it out of the way, so if you think about that it will help make sure you don't have fatty food or sugary :) i didn't have eggs on my pre op i literally stuck to the letter because i was so afraid they wouldn't do it if my liver hadn't shrunk. Good Luck x take care :)

That's why I asked if eggs were allowed as some people have said they did eat them and others didn't and I want to do this right and not eat the wrong things.

My plan was to do similar to you have the sf jelly and the oxo I was going to have as my lunch, I was going to have a grapefruit for breakfast, and the chicken with salad and chicken with veg. Can you have a stick of celery if you feel hungry during the day? And one last one can you have those chicken bake in the bag things maggi's garlic chicken?

Thanks for help.

angiemason

well i didn't have the bake in bag chicken but i don't see why not as long as you don't have the juice it holds because it's the fat from the chicken :) you can have celery ( but no cream cheese filling :) ) i also bought some fruit flavoured tea ( tesco )it helps fill you up and because it's warm you feel comforted as well x

shirley05

Hi there I saw star on friday (mr el hasanis colleague) as im starting my pre op diet on thurs she didn't mention eggs but I like you have also read ppls posts about eggs but think im gonna stick to the list just in case xxx