• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet

Omg yes hunni I'm doing great aw good luck for tomorrow you will be fine I'm 11 wks post op now and lost 3stone 5 in that time I feel so much healthier it's unreal I'll pm you my mob no txt me when you feel up to it I only had 1 night in hospital after my bypass. I'm so excited and happy for you sending you healing big hugs will be thinking of you xxx

hi i had my consultation in cardiff yesterday,i am having another consultation next saturday,even though the 1st one does the operation for a lap band locally i am more in favour of having it done in bromsgrove and i can have the after care and fills done in their cardiff clinic,just from meeting the surgeon and having a telephone discussion with the secretary i didnt feel it was right for me to have it done there? has anyone had it done in bromsgrove please?

according to the diet i,ve been given i,m only allowed 2-3 pints of semi skinned milk a day 3-4 portions of fruit 2 diet yoghurts and a bowl of vegetable soup preferably home made without potato and pulses in it i,m on day 6 now and finding it so hard i feel weak and tired but have lost quite a bit of weight x

holliepop said:
according to the diet i,ve been given i,m only allowed 2-3 pints of semi skinned milk a day 3-4 portions of fruit 2 diet yoghurts and a bowl of vegetable soup preferably home made without potato and pulses in it i,m on day 6 now and finding it so hard i feel weak and tired but have lost quite a bit of weight x

Well since my op I have gone right off milk and I wasn't on milky pre op diet good luck tho when's your surgery?? Xxx

Hi there, I'm on my pre op too. You can also have vegetable boulion (not sure if spelt right)! as a warm savoury drink. I've found sugar free jelly good too.
My operation is Wednesday....not long to go now :) x

I'm scared too holliepop, the many positive stories on here help to keep me going. I know my parnter's even more worried than me. We considered not going through with it, but I know I cannot lose weight and keep it off! My quality of life is getting worse and worse....this will be a new chapter :)
Good luck for Friday, it will be worth it x

Hi woo5001
I dont know if you still come on here but was wondering how you were doing?
did your op go well?
i decided to try again but this time having a band (fingers crossed), i'm in tomorrow for it,
take care :) xx

HI luvva how u doing are you home yet?? What happened with your bypass, how did it fail??
So pleased it didn't happen to me but thats of no help to you, hope you recover well from your band op, hope you have a good recovery. xx:)

holliepop said:
my surgerys this friday the 11th may i,m absolutely terrified x

Aw don't be the pain from the op really isn't that bad I only had one night in hospital after my surgery and came home on just paracetamol medicine form which I stopped at day 4 the wind is worse than the operation hunny you'll do well, please let me know how you go on will be thinking of you xx

jojojelly said:
Hi there, I'm on my pre op too. You can also have vegetable boulion (not sure if spelt right)! as a warm savoury drink. I've found sugar free jelly good too.
My operation is Wednesday....not long to go now :) x

Good luck for tomorrow hunni xxx

chrisa said:
HI luvva how u doing are you home yet?? What happened with your bypass, how did it fail??
So pleased it didn't happen to me but thats of no help to you, hope you recover well from your band op, hope you have a good recovery. xx:)

I'm still waiting to find out if she's ok she did the pre op diet and her liver didn't shrink enough they started operating and then closed her up again a pretty horrendous thing to do if you ask me but so happy that she's gone on to have a procedure , mine went really well and am 12 wks out tomorrow xx

Back