• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op help needed

chinsaway

day 4 of pre op milk diet, feeling great, plenty of hunger pangs but coping. im hoping someone can help me and tell me what happens at the pre op appointment at luton. i've got mine next wednesday and it would be helpful to know what to expect . thanks guysx

Sorry but im not sure about Luton, but i have my pre op assessment tomorrow at Abbey Sefton and i too am not sure what to expect.

I do know that i will have my bloods taken, swabs for MRSA and blood pressure other than that im not sure.

Godd Luck! xxx

Generally on a pre-op you go through your medication and the procedure itself. You will have tests done, which should include mrsa swabs, blood tests, and possibly ECG and blood pressure. They should explain the process on the day such as arrival time and where you go. It's your chance to ask practical questions as well such as visiting times, if someone can stay on the day, catheters, discharge procedure etc. Make a list if it will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My pre-op was exactly as Shel says above.....the main thing that took time at mine was the medications as I was on loads of meds pre-op. They went through it with me and told me what to take and what not to take on the day of the op. I wasnt there very long though and it was very straightforward :D Good Luck XX

My pre-op was exactly as Shel says above.....the main thing that took time at mine was the medications as I was on loads of meds pre-op. They went through it with me and told me what to take and what not to take on the day of the op. I wasnt there very long though and it was very straightforward :D Good Luck XX
thanks everyone xx

Well i had my pre op assessment yesterday, it was Lyn the lead nurse who talked me through everything that would happen on the day, also wanted to know if i had any questions etc.

She weighed me, took blood pressure and pulse did MRSA swabs and took my blood (took 3 attempts :() i dont like to part with it...:D

For me it was good as my hubby is very nervous about me having this and he spoke to Lyn and came away feeling much better about the procedure.

Good Luck xxx

Im pleased your hubby came away feeling better about your op :D You wont worry about him worrying about you now lol.....you know what I mean ;) XX

Back