• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op started today

Maura

will have to admit, the nerves are setting in!! started pre op today, done well (first day of a diet is usually ok for me anyway). however its my third day off bread. Yip. although i am finding it difficult enough. no toast. no sandwich. but anyway am sticking to it.. In exactly 2 weeks time i will be BANDED, (heart flutters at the thought of it). please keep logging your experiences because i am absorbing all your advice xx

thsucces20.gif

You can do it sweet, just had my band done on Monday so still sore at mo but each day feels a little bit better.
Try to stay tough on pre op diet, if you don't they have been known not to do it if your liver doesn't shrink. Only 2 weeks to go think of those hot summer days being stones lighter xx

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll sail through it.

weighed myself this morning. have lost 4lb from monday whoopy doo.. well pleased

Nerves are absolutely normal for every single person who goes through this. I had a wobble when i paid my bill as i knew it would definately happen once paid.
I also would have had another wobble in the operation theatre but the nurse who was with me, kept asking me question to keep my off it.

Make sure you have everything ready at home for when you get back (pain killers, juice, soups)
Even make sure everything is close to hand as you cant bend for a few days.

Good Luck Maura x

Good luck with your pre-op diet, I started mine today too, although I am having a bypass, so know how you are feeling.

You will get through it, just think about how things will be in two weeks.

There are loads of success stories from those that have bands, so keep reading and absorbing to help you through.

well its the weekend, this is normally when my overeating begins... today (friday) i have ate sensibly.. cant believe thats 5 whole days without bread, 3rd day on lowfat diet. breakfast today was 2 weetabix, lunch was salad and tonight i had chicken chowmein, had also an apple, and kiwi and must say i have had about 5 pints of water. Know its so important to flush out all the fat............11 days to my op. nervous about all the wind pains people are getting. on a positive note, i know it will be a temporary setback, have to stay focused. as long as i keep on the pain killers to prevent pain, rather than take them when pain is extreme.

ooh tomorrow will be in the one week from op!!! are u excited?!!

oh my gad... its a week tomorrow till my op.. doing well on my pre op diet. am at the stage where i am feeling i wish it was all over. anyway am off work for easter so i will have to take time on thursday to start getting items in for my suitcase. definitely getting a water spray, pain killers (melt on the tongue) and the usual toiletries. i will be in belguim in 7 days... hope i can keep myself together. i have visions of myself screaming in the operating theatre... arghhhhh

lolz! u will be fine im sure!! good idea on getting bag ready...its all very excting starting ur new life! can i ask how much u r paying by going to belgium??

Back