• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello milk

Fizzpot

I've started my pre- op diet the milk diet today I'm pleased cos it means I'm nearly there to getting my band. However, making my boyfriend n son a cheese sandwich on fresh bread was torture :( its day one for gods sake !! What am I gonna be like in a week or two ! haha how are you all finding your pre-op diets? Is anyone else on the milk one? Xx

whats wrong with your boyfriends hands ? make him make the sarnies from now on lol !

can imagine the milk diet is very very rough, mine was rough for a week, second week was a lot eaiser. mine was no carbs etc

Fizzpot said:
I've started my pre- op diet the milk diet today I'm pleased cos it means I'm nearly there to getting my band. However, making my boyfriend n son a cheese sandwich on fresh bread was torture :( its day one for gods sake !! What am I gonna be like in a week or two ! haha how are you all finding your pre-op diets? Is anyone else on the milk one? Xx

I made my boys a cheese toastie yesterday and it meant nothing to me. You won't be hungry at all by 4 days time. So it will get easier.

Good luck :D

I made my boys a cheese toastie yesterday and it meant nothing to me. You won't be hungry at all by 4 days time. So it will get easier.

Good luck :D[/QUOTE]

Wow really? That's made me feel a lot better,was your first few days hard? I'm alowed three slim fasts a day, loads of squash n up to 6 muller light yoghurts a day oh and oxo cube drinks , I've never done a liquid diet before either so fingers crossed I'll resist any temptation xxx

i did mine for 3 and half weeks i was only allowed 5 slimfasts a day and 1 oxo that was it the first 3 days almost killed me but after that i was fine i work for my little girl everyday in fact i think i cooked alot more and was calling family up to come for dinner lol it does get easyer after the first few days and you will be so happy with the weight loss u will carrie on i lost a stone and half on mine good luck hun x

Fizzpot said:

Good luck :D

Wow really? That's made me feel a lot better,was your first few days hard? I'm alowed three slim fasts a day, loads of squash n up to 6 muller light yoghurts a day oh and oxo cube drinks , I've never done a liquid diet before either so fingers crossed I'll resist any temptation xxx[/QUOTE]

Really :) I sat in my moms kitchen today while she done bolognese. I went to a one year olds birthday party. None of the food meant a thing to me. It's because 1) I am in ketosis, so I have no hunger or cravings and 2) I am in the zone, because I want this op more than anything. Tomorrow will be my 27th and final day of my pre op. Friday is my op. I feel proud of myself. My hospital gives 5 pre op options. We can change weekly which helps a little. But I kept choosing options that kept me in ketosis. It's my fave state :) lol

Hi Fizz..

Im on the Milk diet right now...just done day 3....(as its 1.33am here)....

Im also going for a gastric band...my operation date is 17th April 2012...

But ive noticed others have been on different milk diets to me?....what one are you on?

Mine is: (every day you must have)
4pts semi skimmed milk
2pts fluids (tea/coffee/herbal teas/water/no added sugar squashes)
Salty item - ie: oxo cube, bovril, stock cube or marmite in hot water
I multivitamin tablet

(optional)
1pt no added sugar jelly -I love having my jellies!
3 sticks of chewing gum (havent had any yet)

By the way, the first day of my milk diet, my boyfriend got chips and battered sausage from the chippy, and ate it next to me on the sofa....so i think i win as the smell was almost intoxicating....and a cheese sarnie dont smell as good lol x

lol ya a brave women sitting there while he ate a chippy i know where i would have put his sausage haha how mean especially on ya first day x

That's cruel!!! I bet you was drooling!
All my surgeon said to me was that I can have three slim fasts and up to 6 muller light yogurts a day , I didn't get any leaflets or anything! But I have had an oxo drink xx

jiniejinx said:
lol ya a brave women sitting there while he ate a chippy i know where i would have put his sausage haha how mean especially on ya first day x

Lol!!!!!!

I encouraged people to eat around me. I wanted to resist things. Figured life has to go on and it's good practice. I have discovered since that it helped. I am now a week post op and have sat through watching people eat some of my most favourite foods and it meant nothing to me. Awesome!

LOL My boyfriend did ask me first....and like fuffs, I felt that it was good practice to resist the temptations and smells...

Bluebutterflier said:
LOL My boyfriend did ask me first....and like fuffs, I felt that it was good practice to resist the temptations and smells...

After your op you will see its the best thing you could have done for yourself :) well done x

I have my Milk Diet leaflet. It's a stick with pooh on both ends! :jelous:

Great Thing About it: Means I'm 2 or 3 weeks away from my op! :happy096:

Sucky Thing About It: Good bye food forevvvvvver! :cry:

OK, not forever but forever in the way that I like to eat (which has gotten me in this position in the first place, so it's not bad news really but there are so many fab but naughty foods that I will miss)

Well I wish you luck with it. Hopefully after 3 days you will be used to it, and just think about all the pre op weight that you will loose! :)

Back