• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Tests

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hello
I wanted to know what tests are done at the pre op, I know someone mentioned a blood gases test wheich I had never heard of.
Is it just Urine and bloods and weight or more ?
Thanks
Helen

Hi, i had mine last week. The nurse took my blood pressure, weight and height. then a swab up my nose. I was then asked to lay on the couch topless while she put the sticky pads on me for the ecu, just to check your heart and other things. Then a doctor came in and had a prod around my belly, chest and back, and then she asked me to take some deep breaths while she checked my breathing. The nurse also asked quite a few medical questions. That was it really, it was a lot better than what i thought it was going to be. I do chocolate buttons going to my GP, but the nurse i had was soooo good.

thanks chick dont fancy the topless bit lol x

When I go to my appt with the psych, dietician and bariatric nurse I have to have a heart echo aswell, apparently it is routine at L & d.

Hi just had my pre op last week and i had

Blood gasses, which is bloods taken from the vein in ur wrist
Normal bloods
2 swabs one in my nose and the under my arm
Ecg or stress test i had the Ecg
Got weighed and asked some general medical history and list all my meds am on and that was that. I was scared big time bout the blood gasses test and felt physically sick whilst waiting for the doc to do the test but tbh it was less painful than the normal blood test.

thanks xx

Back