• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-OP Tests

notahappybunny

After reading lots of different peoples experiences i wondered what tests are standard!
Some seem to have the sleep apnea tests others havent?
What pre-op tests has everyone had please? Do most surgeons require the same ones?

Just curious to find out whats in store! lol

Every doc is different I think and also it depends very much of your own health. They ask questions about health issues and see what meds you are on etc and base it on that, I think :D x

Yeah i had my second appointment recently and they asked questions just about how tired you are etc and my score was a bit high so i need sleep apnoea tests but have no idea what these tests will be like. They said i can have it at my local hospital tho.

Jo x

I had the sleep apnoea test its not bad atall. You have a little machine that straps around your chest area, not too uncomfortable. A little thing clips on your finger and you just turn it on when you go to bed and it takes a reading for the doc to review later. I had to drop mine off at the hospital the morning after. I found no problem atall :D x

I had the sleep apnoea test its not bad atall. You have a little machine that straps around your chest area, not too uncomfortable. A little thing clips on your finger and you just turn it on when you go to bed and it takes a reading for the doc to review later. I had to drop mine off at the hospital the morning after. I found no problem atall :D x

Well thats not as bad as i was thinking lol. I thought i'd have to sleep over at the hospital for a start!! So is it just the 1 night or several?

Jo x

what about the test where you swollow the camera to check for stomach problems is that routine too or just if you have had previous probs etc?

I think it is for specific problems as I havnt had this and Im having surgery next month. I think its more common in banding than bypass :D x

i was worrying bout that 1 lol, bet you can't wait jacqui im hoping il hear something soon! the man at the pct wasnt over helpful.

The lady at my PCT was lovely, she really helped me as my GP messed up big time! Shame they arent all the same, makes me wonder how some people get a job! x

Hi and welcome... your in good hands mate!

I had my pre-op on saturday and they wanted and did the following
ECG
FULL BLOODS
MRSA SWAB
BLOOD PRESSURE TEST
and thats it
i hope this helps

i think all banders and bypassers have to have the camera test. im a bypasser and i had to have it.

Hi, i was told i will have to have it maybe certain hospitals like sunderland, im there too and was told i will have to have it.

Jo x

I had ECG, blood tests Mrsa swobs and blood pressure No cameras and no sleep tests

I didnt have to have the camera and Im a bypasser, I had the ECG, blood tests, sleep tests and MRSA swabs. Thats it :D x

i only had bloods, ECG and of obviously weight to start with ..........went for my pre-op a week b4 my op was suppose to be to be told they then wanted to do some more tests i had to stay in over night for the sleep tests, i also had some bloods done and a body scan. i never had a camera though.

I have been told it all depends how you answer certain questions they ask x
i am now waiting for a c-pap machine to be fitted on the 8th September i have to be using this a 2 weeks before i can be put in for op again so here goes 2nd time lucky i get it done this time xxx now of the tests were bad i had i wish you luck xx

Back