• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre - op Veggies.

Priesty

Hi,

I want to start the pre - op diet early so I can lose the weight I have put on since I saw the hospital andbefore I go for my pre op appointment.

I know you have to eat lots of veggies. Can I include Butternut Squash or sweet potatoes. I love roast veg which I use fry light for and prefer that to having boiled veg. I also like to stir fry and wondered if Rice and Noodles were out too.

Thanks

Paula XX

I think there a variety of pre-op diets you can do but generally any squashes and sweet potatoes are very low in fat...but perhaps quite high in carbs. Are you trying to stick to low carbs?

Hi Lisa,

I was afraid of that :wave_cry:. Oh well I have done my shopping at tesco and it's too late for this week as I have bought a couple of butternut squash's but I shall still be doing the low carbs other wise.

I can usually stick to a diet for about 6 weeks which is what I need to do before I have my op I shall also be going to the gym so I am hoping that I shall be a lot fitter than I am now.

Also does anyone know if it's ok to take cod liver oil capsules or ginseng? I will be taking a centrum multivit as well.

Take care

Paula XXX

Back