• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day of pre op diet :-)

Hi everyone well here it 2 weeks till the big day and day 1 of pre op diet. Can someone help me out on how much veg you can eat while on pre op? I am on the 800 cals with portions of carbs and meat. Limited milk intake. It says veg but doesnt have any portion listed with it. Tried ringing the dietician but nobody about as weekend.

Hi everyone well here it 2 weeks till the big day and day 1 of pre op diet. Can someone help me out on how much veg you can eat while on pre op? I am on the 800 cals with portions of carbs and meat. Limited milk intake. It says veg but doesnt have any portion listed with it. Tried ringing the dietician but nobody about as weekend.

Hi Homer not sure which hospital you are under but i have a copy of the whit pre op diet it does not say how many cals it is but is is also a very low carb/low fat diet this is the info in my booklet.

Mine say`s 3 portions of veg per day and the portion size is:

Cooked veg, eg broccoli,cauliflower,carrots = 3 tablespoons (the veg are the non starchy ones )
Side salad = size of a cereal bowl
Tomatoes = 1 tomato or 6/8 cherry toms.

Maybe u can follow this for 2 days till u manage to get through to the hospital, am sure they all must be very similar, hope this helps you. Take care luv Roch xxx

Hi i had a lap band fitted 2 weeks ago and i lost 18lb during a month prior to the op by doing 2 weeks milk and yogurt and 2 weeks low calorie like yourself. I was told i could eat as much veg and fruit as i wished, obviously steamed or boiled veg (if you roast you need to take into account the oil) hope that helps!

I didn't have a diet as such (surgeon doesn't believe in them) I was asked to stick to a low fat low carb diet, the choice was mine what I ate. Wasn't very good actually as I only lost 4lbs would have preferred to be given a diet to stick to.

Good Luck
Jeanx

2490218zm7x3iig29.gif

Back