• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op

farquar

Hi im about to start my pre op diet tomorrow but wanted to check a few things. It says to eat plenty of vegetables except for root vegetables. Firstly does it mean to fill the plate up with green veg. Or is it like 30grams of veg? Also any tips for the pre op diet would be great x

I'm on my pre op at the moment, some of the information i was given from my provider stated the same as yours 'plenty of vegetables except root vegetables'. However, when I had my pre op last week, I was provided with a more up to date version of the diet which stated unlimited salad vegetables or unlimited green vegetables with small portions of protein. It now also allows for 2 new potatoes with certain meals. I was also told by the dietitian that as I was generally healthy I only had to use the diet as a guide and just avoid carbs and sugars.

I know everyone's pre op diets can differ so I think the best thing you can do is contact your providers dietitian and ask the question.....I did and was better off for it!

Aww thank you!! Its abit like slimming world just smaller.. Much small portions lol but if i Can eat green veg its all good :) ive got my pre op next tuesday but will ring this tues and ask them too. I do 12 hour shifts at work and need all energy i can get without breaking the diet!! Good luck to you :) xx

I do 12 hour shifts at work and need all energy i can get without breaking the diet!! Good luck to you :) xx

In that case, ask if you are allowed sugar free jelly. I am allowed unlimited. I split it between little pots and it feels like a treat. I suppose that only helps if you have a fridge in work though!

And thanks :)

Haha yehh. Work in a care home so like 15 fridges across site haha oooh yehh. Sounds good plus like u said sort of a treat isnt it xx

Back