• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!

KC76

Help!! Im starting my pre op diet diet tomorrow and im confused( diet 3 diabetic on insulin). How many vegetables am i allowed, the leaflet says vegetables but no amount or what to avoid, but online it says only 3 to 4 tablespoons, but does that mean of each veg or in total. Im aware of the veg which contains the most carbs. Thanks to anyone if they can help :) Im getting a sleeve under mr small at sunderland. Eeeeek!!!! :D

Hello and welcome :) I can't answer your question I'm afraid, I can only suggest talking to your team. In my case I have a condition where I can't eat gluten so my gluten dietician liaised with the bariatric team ahead of the LRD to make sure there wouldn't be any problems. You need advice from people who know your specific medical situation really. It is frustrating when you don't get all the information you need x

Help!! Im starting my pre op diet diet tomorrow and im confused( diet 3 diabetic on insulin). How many vegetables am i allowed, the leaflet says vegetables but no amount or what to avoid, but online it says only 3 to 4 tablespoons, but does that mean of each veg or in total. Im aware of the veg which contains the most carbs. Thanks to anyone if they can help :) Im getting a sleeve under mr small at sunderland. Eeeeek!!!! :D

As you are diabetic on insulin you need advice from your team or your diabetic nurse about managing your pre-op diet and quantities. Have you been given any?

I was type two on tablets and after 2 days of pre-op I had to stop them.

When i was given a food diet sheet originally as opposed to the milk diet which I chose to do, it was chicken and leafy green veg. Very little carbs in leafy green veg.

As you are diabetic on insulin you need advice from your team or your diabetic nurse about managing your pre-op diet and quantities. Have you been given any?

I was type two on tablets and after 2 days of pre-op I had to stop them.

When i was given a food diet sheet originally as opposed to the milk diet which I chose to do, it was chicken and leafy green veg. Very little carbs in leafy green veg.
Thanks for the reply, im a type 1 using an insulin pump and i seen my DSN yesterday to work out my insulin doses. Ive spoken to my dietitian today and she said i can fill up on veg if i need to , but with in reason. Well done on your weight loss :)

Hello and welcome :) I can't answer your question I'm afraid, I can only suggest talking to your team. In my case I have a condition where I can't eat gluten so my gluten dietician liaised with the bariatric team ahead of the LRD to make sure there wouldn't be any problems. You need advice from people who know your specific medical situation really. It is frustrating when you don't get all the information you need x
Thankyou for replying, ive now spoken to my team, and i can fill up on veg within reason. :)

Back