• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-ops tomorrow...but what next....HELP PLEASE....

cheekymonkey

Please can anyone help me?

Met with Mr Ammouri and his back in June

Had my appointment with Carly the psychiatrist 2 weeks ago and she cleared me for surgery.

Got my letter through last week to have my pre ops done tomorrow at Salford Royal.

But what happens next, does the dietician get in touch with me next to sort pre op diet or ???

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get a surgery date from this point, as I seem to be getting no real info from the hospital.

Any help would be really great :confused:

Please can anyone help me?

Met with Mr Ammouri and his back in June

Had my appointment with Carly the psychiatrist 2 weeks ago and she cleared me for surgery.

Got my letter through last week to have my pre ops done tomorrow at Salford Royal.

But what happens next, does the dietician get in touch with me next to sort pre op diet or ???

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get a surgery date from this point, as I seem to be getting no real info from the hospital.

Any help would be really great :confused:

Hiya

When I had my pre ops done I already had a date for surgery and pre diet info., Soz I cant be any more help can only tell what happened when it was my turn

MeJulie xx

Hi, Im having bypass this month with Mr Ammori. I was told that after your last appointment, which was the psych appointment that you are on the 18 weeks waiting list for surgery. You wont get a letter or anything, Gill (Ammoris secretary) will phone you with your date. You get your pre-op diet instructions in the letter of confirmation she sends you afterwards.
Hope this helps, I assume it will be the same for everyone but thats how it went for me.
Good Luck and if you want to know anything else please ask :D x

awwww how exciting getting closer i dont know the answer to ur question but good luck with ur surgery and weight loss xxx

Hi everyone

thanks for the replies, had the pre ops, they said i just had to wait now for the dietician to get in toch re pre op diet and date for d=surgery to follow asap.....but how long no one will say....how long is a piece of string hey.....but it'll be worth the wait!!!!

Thanks again

Clare
xx

hi clare,
their not hot on communication at salford royal, but as jacqui says, you will more than likely get a phone call from gill, thats what happened with me, but i only got a weeks notice cos they slotted me in. you seem to go for ages and hear nothing, then when you do, there isnt much notice, i found that with everything apart from the appt with carly, which was my last appt and i got a few weeks notice. not much use to you i know, but dont worry if you hear anything, like i say, their not very hot on communication. by the way, where abouts in swinton do you live, i used to work there. hugs and best wishes x

After your appt with Carly you should have been put on the list for surgery. As far as I know the wait time is still 18 weeks, so anytime between Carly appt and 18 weeks :S Gill will phone you ......not long now! x

Back