• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre surgery jitters!

Borolass

I'm due to have my bypass surgery tomorrow and to be honest I'm absolutely past myself with fright, does anyone have any advice as to what to expect. I have a really low pain tolerance and am worried about how I'll handle it.... ?

you will be fine, the pain is not bad at all. I found really it was the wind pain that was most uncomfortable, but moving about really helped that. the incision sites were fine, just a little sore as they healed. I can understand your worry but honestly I didn't find it bad at all. goodluck. x

Hi hunni, I was pain free, I had no pain killers at all after the op the most painful thing was the cannula in the back of my hand when I banged it lol, it will all be worth it, it'll be over and done with really soon xx

I too was like butterfly lady - pain free only a bit of back ache because I couldn't get comfy in my hospital bed ! you will be ok if you do have any pain they will give you some kind of pain relief im sure of it very good luck with your WLS

Hi...i had a sleeve but can also report no real pain, I had no pain killers at all, and luckily I had no wind pain.
The worst part was having an enema and putting on the paper knickers!!!
Good luck you will do fine

I had bypass pain wasn't that bad more uncomftable then pain and back hurt the most I was on a morphine thing you press the button on it had that for 24hrs but didn't use it much only really for the back pain but nurse said that could of been the way I was positioned during surgery and wind aswell I think we all feel nervous the day before good luck :)

I was going to post comments and tips but I realise you should now be post-op. I hope everything went well and you're now not experiencing too much pain.

Hi all I'm still alive, 3 weeks post op, it wasn't easy going as I thought it was going to be, pain wise I was ok just full of gas, I suffer anxiety also so that's been a real struggle for me but starting to feel a little better everyday.

Ask them for somthing to calm you dowm my daughter had a small dose of diazepam it really helped her. I am being sleeved on the 11th of Feb and already got mine from the GP. I am sure it will be ok and think of all the benifits after. Good Luck x

Great to see you've recovered well despite the Uranus moments (when you feel big and gassy). I found the first two weeks I felt like death warmed up (or not so warm) but in the third week I started to appreciate the recovery. By the fourth week the surgical pain was almost gone.

Thanx all, I'm starting to have more energy now I'm starting to eat more ( on soft food stage ) and my colour is coming back in my face, was a bit grey for a few weeks lol, thanx everyone for your advice and kind words, much appreciated x

Back