• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass...I think!

daybyday

Hey All!
This forum is great:D I'm a newbie and am hoping to have bypass surgery at the end of April. Starting the pre surgery jitters and doubts...couldn't I do this on my own? I really should try once more, one more diet:confused: :eek:. Loving all the advice and support. Still learning to navigate around the site any help toward bypass forums would be greatly appreciated!

hi Day and welcome to minis !, are you having private or nhs bypass ?

Last edited:
Private bypass

My NHS decided I didn't qualify and if I just stuck in there I'd lose the weight, even with co morbidities. Awful when a thin person thinks you can just stick with it! I am an intelligent person, if it were that easy I would have lost this weight years ago. Sooo, long story short decided that after 3 years of research I'd go private. (Sorry for the rant:copon:)

the nhs is getting harder and harder to get funding, but congratulations on making a positive decision to improve your life, good luck on your weight loss journey.

liz x

thats ok your welcome, oh ive sent you a freinship request as well.

liz x

Request a friend - how?

:wave_cry:thanks for the friendship request.
I've added you to my list, but how do I send one. I've been reading the tutourials, but am still a little lost. This is all new to me, but loads of fun!

:wave_cry:thanks for the friendship request.
I've added you to my list, but how do I send one. I've been reading the tutourials, but am still a little lost. This is all new to me, but loads of fun!

you have accepted so its added you automaticaly to mine, you just click on the persons name and it comes up with there personal profile/page, it has an option on there of befreind. :)

Liz, not sure about etiquette, if I want to ask you a question , is there a way to send it to you directly or do I post it in a forum? Once again Cheers!

Liz, not sure about etiquette, if I want to ask you a question , is there a way to send it to you directly or do I post it in a forum? Once again Cheers!

you can either ask publicly on here the forum or click my name above my pic if its a question just for me then send a pm.

You're lovely Liz! I was curious about your 2 lap bands. I originally decided on a band, but after meeting with the surgeon decided that for me bypass would be better. Are you having success with your second band?

yeah its going ok, its took a while to get back to the food restriction level i had with band no1, but im eventually there now and the weight is starting to move again. good luck with your bypass, everyone is different and if he says the bypass is the right op for you, your life style and eating habbits, then good luck i hope it all works out good for you.

Hello DBD, welcome to Mini's :)

Do you know which surgeon/hospital you'll be going to? There might be someone on here who's used the same and can give you proper feedback on their procedures etc.

My bypass was the best thing I've ever done, just wish I'd done it sooner! Now, nearly 8 months on I'm nearly at goal and very happy.

You won't be able to send private messages or view people's just yet, that will all be possible once you've made 50 posts (which doesn't take long). You're on 7 now so get posting :D

Questions of all kinds get asked in here every day, so if you have any just go for it!

Shel

Hi and welcome!

Good luck with your bypass. Get stuck in here and ask any questions you want. We are a friendly bunch. xx

Hi just wanted to welcome you to mini's and say that i hope all goes well with your op.

Hi day welcome to minis I only joined a few days ago too and find the girls so so supportive its great to be able to ask questions of people who have lived the procedures hope you get on well with yours

Love n hugs Jay xx

Back