• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PREGNANCY AFTER BAND !!

BlueDiamond

Hello

is there a time limit on pregnancy after having a band fitted?? If yes how long and why is this

all the best - mejulie

no not that i know of julie, the pregnant banders i have came across just have there band defilled, then start again with fills after the birth when they are ready to x

Ok thanks liz....someone else informed u wasnt allowed to get pregnant for a year after having a band fitted.

Cheers anyway xx

If considering pregnancy with a gastric band in place, ideally you should be in optimum nutritional condition prior to conception; deflation of the band may be required prior to planned conception. Deflation should also be considered should morning sickness be present. The band may remain deflated during pregnancy and once breast feeding is completed, or if bottle feeding, the band may be gradually re-inflated to aid postpartum weight loss if needed.

Hi Julie

I have researched a lot on this topic as i would like to have a healthy baby after surgery, Its 10-18 months for bypass and 1-2 years for band. For band the doctor will adjust the filling so that the baby can get enough nutrition and for bypass they will give more vitamins. Hope this helps :)

Optimum nutritional condition, means in the best health you can be and eating a healthy balance without the need for supplements.

This is the same for any woman wishing to conceive, not always possible but best if you can.:)

wellllll... talk about a leading questino there Julie..

Are you trying to tell us something hunni.. without actually telling us?

lol...

*whispers.. am glad it been brought up though cos would love to try within the next yr as by then will be comin up 39 - am 38 in few weeks.. but know soon as weight drops below 15st 7lb - 16st - I gotta watch out as am classed as highly fertile.. pmp.. got caught with the girls within weeks of actually trying

ooeerrrr

i had a long discussion with mr somers about this and he stronly recommends at least a year as the band is defilled in pregnancy, its not just the pyhsical side of it tho its about mentally being in the frame of mind where you wont revert back to old eating habbits the onger the band in befor hand obviously within reason the better trained your brain is about whats healthy

I spoke to my consultant about this as hubby and I were trying before I decided to have the band. That is now on hold obviously. However, Dr Ashton recommends at least 12 months also.

It's 1-2 years for a band for the simple reason that this is the time for optimum weight loss. There is no physiological reason not to get pregant during this time (like with a bypass and malabsorption) as the band can be de-filled, but the overall weight loss is likely to be much much less.

Good nutrution is also important, and a tight band makes this tricky.

Back