• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mushy stage after band???

jinkles

Hi, for those who have the band, how long did you stay on the mushy/pureed stage directly after having the band fitted? How long were you advised to stay on that stage? I am 13 days post band and have started eating very soft mashable food and well cooked pasta is this ok?? Not sure if this will harm my band or not!:confused:

I seem to be different from lots of people, my surgeon's regimen seems to be:

Days 1-3 Liquids
Days 3-7 Soft and Mushy
From Day 7 - Normal but test things out
Day 10 - Totally normal but small portions.

As he said, the quicker the body gets back to normality the better.

It never harmed me and I have lost 20lbs post op, so thats cool.

i was also trying normal but softish food after a week but id recommend not eating pasta it swells in the tummy so not a great food to have , my second week post op i had boiled eggs bread and alot of fruit strawberrys bannana etc shepards pie fish pie veg and jacket potatoes everyone is different but my dietician said not to linger on to much but get back to normal as soon as just try something see how you feel

hi there i was told to stay on fluids for three weeks and start on soft foods on week 4, but i think it varies from one hospital to another.

I was told to have fluids for 2weeks, pureed for 2weeks then back to normal in very small portions avoiding bread, pasta and rice. They said once everything else goes down well then try rice 1st, then pasta and finally bread. Every surgeon seems to do it differently tho. After my 1st band fill they said 2days fluid, 2days mushy then back to norm in small amounts. Its best to ask your wl team. Take care x

Back