• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pregnancy post bypass

nikki f

Hu all just a question I've been pondering on seem to get vague answers from medical people so maybe you all can help.
As well as having a bypass for health reasons I'm also hoping it will help with my fertility. I suffer from polycystic ovaries and hoping the weight reduction will help basically I wanted to see if we have any success stories on here.
Xxx

ive heard a couple of stories of people becoming pregnant post op 3 or 4 so im sure thats a yes ...good luck x

Ive been told u need to wait atleast 1 year before trying, to give ur body time to recover, also u need the hugher dose of folic acid and change for the a-z multi-vit to pregnacare, although i already have 2 kids i really would like a 3rd :D

Hi, I had a band in June, I have pcos too. I lost two stone (not that great really) I was told to wait a year to recover but I spoke to my nurse and doctor and they said ill be all healed now. Also researching it I think some of the reason is also down to getting the right nutrition for you and the baby. But I could still eat a horse! I'd just got to the point of restriction and found out I am now pregnant!! Over the moon and terrified ill miscarry as I have miscarried twice before but fingers crossed. I am between seven and eight weeks pregnant and had an early scan and everything was fine. I know this will be different for sleeves and bypasses but I'm terrified the baby will kick out my port or band!!! But as long as I carry full term and have a healthy bundle ill be over the moon! Daren't get too excited just yet. The other thing about waiting a year is to get down to a healthier weight which I wish I had lost more as I am still much heavier than I would like to be. Big whats meant to be will be. Fingers crossed! X

At my group meeting we got told losing weight increases fertility so we needed to be careful and wait 18 months post op(supposedly your body's weight loss settles down) so taken from that I think you will increase yours by losing weight even with pcos as weight makes it worst.

i have been told atlease 18 month post op, im dying for another baby

I fell pregnant 8 months post op, and there are a lot of others on here who've had babies post op, some with pcos. There is a post op pregnancy section which you might find helpful. I tried to conceive preop for about 18 months with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back