• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preparing my body for surgery

julesburns

Hi ladies. Just wondered if anyone had Any tips to improve skin elasticity to stop me getting loose skin?? I have been told bio oil but its expensive to put all over body. Also any supplements to prevent infection? Hair loss?? I'd rather prep before than get home and struggle!! :) x

I really believe there's nothing you can do. Keep your skin well moisterised and don't worry about your hair it's only for a few months.

I spoke to nurse at length about this and all you can do is drink plenty of water, make sure you eat the right amount to protein as this is what's needed to keep new collagen forming, exfoliate to promote good circulation and blood supply and moisturise. Exercise is also important...improving the underlying muscle tone will improve the way skin sits. If you do all this you give your skin it's best chance to regenerate and shrink back but some looseness or sagging is inevitable. Will depend on amount you need to loose and body shape. I am pre op and was bothered about this as well but now having spoken to people on here, seen the before and after photos and chosen a potential new wardrobe it's a price I am happy to pay for what I get back. Good luck xxx

Hi, I need to lose about 90lbs and was told by my surgeon that its mainly down to genetics and so I may or may not get saggy skin (I'm hoping for not lol).

I also read somewhere it depends on how much you have to loose. I guess if you needed to loose a real lot of weight and you've been overweight a long time then its less likely to go back, but really I'm guessing here!

Good luck and fingers crossed we all have lovely elastic skin!!

6 months post op I was totally prepared bio oil, slendertone, water workouts 3 times a week, 8 weeks physio gym programme, vits & minerals. My hair fell out but stopped now & I look like a Melted wax candle with my clothes off uuuurgh! My physio told me I couldn't have done more, down to genetics, age & luck. But yipppeeeee 111lbs lost so far.
Wishing you all the best.

Thanks Hun. I need to lose 100lb in total. I am hoping that my skin will adjust. I guess I will just have to deal with it whatever the outcome. It's very scary!! I'm wanting to look like Kelly brook post op but I have a feeling I too will look like a melted candle!!! Fingers crossed. :) thanks again. Xx

i think it all depends on age, how long you have been overweight, how overweight etc and genetics, i am resigned to the fact i will need to save up for a bodylift, i was also told you need to have been at your target weight for a year before even thinking about plastics. but i am trying body cream and keeping my fingers crossed, but am not expecting too much.am resigned to the fact i will need plastics

A melted candle LMAO, I just want to say after losing almost 9 stone since last July, I have some loose skin but not loads my bingo wings are bad but you can hide them, my stomach is not too bad at all, I have always exercised even at my heaviest, Zumba, pilates, going disco dancing, walking, anything really always had an active job on my feet, so think with keeping up the exercise as it is coming off is helping, so start exercising if you don't already get your body used to it for when it happens. I think we have been dressing clever for years hiding our lumps and bumps so whats new apart from the lumps n bumps will be alot smaller. xx

If you are finding it difficult to pack in the protein which is what helps with the hairloss then get yourself some protein powder, holland & barratt have it at 1/2 price at the moment, its about £20 for a big tub which lasts a while

its called whey protein & the body bulders use it :)

Protein is the major structural component in hair, skin & organs, so by having it restricted for more than a few days you would start to suffer hairloss, it is also why a lot of people look to "age" after weightloss surgery as the skin needs to protein to rebuild itself, after a few months when you are back to eating larger amounts it will usually sort itself out but you can help your body by boosting your protein levels with whey protein drinks which would help the body recover quicker

I think it's all down to genetics and skin elasticity as I know someone who has lost 10 stone and saw him in swim shorts and was so surprised that there was no saggy skin- he's 60 years old too!! And his daughter told me after she has baby her skin springs back- hate these people lol!!! It is hard bec finally we get to lose the weight and still can't shed any clothes! But yes hopefully the new wardrobe makes up for it

Back