• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Questions and Advice?

Glorfindel

Six Month Post Op
Hello guys!

It has been such a long time since I posted here, hope everyone is well. This is my first time posting in this section as it is finally going ahead for me! :) Sorry if this is rather long - I'm nervous, jittery and excited.

I've now maintained at around 9st4lbs to 9st8lbs for the past 9 months-1 year and am very happy about my weight - but of course have excess skin. I can't say too much about this - but I've been offered a fantastic oppurtunity to have a breast lift, tummy tuck and a little lipo (just on the flanks to make everything 'lie right') - the procedure goes ahead on Friday of next week (only was confirmed this Tuesday - so it has been a sudden whirlwind and I'm very excited/nervous).

I have done research on the procedures of course (lots of it!) and done lots of reading up and reading peoples experiences. I wondered if any of you ladies or gents who have has bypass/other weight surgery and then had skin tightened have any advice or stories they would like to tell? I'd be interested espicially to hear if any of you had a combined tummy tuck and breast lift at the same time - what it was like, how long the op took, how long it took for you to recover, your experience, pain, pain relief etc?

I got my information pack today - but it didn't include what to bring, and the nurse wasn't sure about my bra - can anyone who has had a breast lift offer advice with this? Currently I am a 34E, I am just having a lift - not implants, but due to skin being removed I might loose some of my cup size. Can anyone recommend a good bra to go for for support after surgery? A sports bra? What sort of sizes? I'm very confused on this!

The hospital is providing me with two custom made pressure garments to wear from groin to under my breasts (with straps to stop it from rolling) so that is all sorted - but I am confused on bra advice! Any help would be so appreciated!

Any advice on STUFF to take to hospital? I've been told pajamas are easier to wear with the four drains I will have, than a nightie. I'm a size 12 currently (probably closer to a 10, but wear a 12 as 10s cut in to the excess skin and push it up, yuck!). Should I buy pajamas in my size or a size up or down or? What about clothes to wear when coming home/at home?

I'll also take a dressing gown, underwear, toiletries, lip balm, books/sudoku/netbook, mobile, slippers, pillow for the ride home - any other things you could advise?

I can't answer your question never having gone through the procedures, but wanted to say good luck with it all.

Really really excited for you :) please do tell us how it goes, as I need to have the same procedures once I'm done losing weight. Also, if possible, could you PM me the name of the place where you're having the procedures done and prices etc? That would be really helpful.

All the best! :)

Hope everything has gone well or you Glo, and that your recovering beautifully. It's a bit late in the day, but I use to work in theatre and did a bit of plastics. Sports bra, tshirt bra recommended, no wires, just comfort & support.
I'm no where near this stage, but batwings are my downer because I can't hide them in the summer.
Best wishes, you have done amazing xx

Back