• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private Surgery in Scotland ?

Hi
I was wondering if you could give my some ideas on the best company in Scotland?
Doesnt seem to be many!
Thanks in advance

Jacquie

I can't give you any advice Jacqui but can tell you our very successful Gaelic Girl Allie travelled down for her surgery which was private. I'm sure she'll be along soon to share her knowledge and wisdom!

Good luck xx

Hi Jacqui, there are companies in Scotland who do weight loss surgery but they aren't very experienced. I found that I wanted the best surgeon to carry out my op so did some research and ended up with Mr Ammori who did my op in Manchester. He is the best in the country and people travel all over to be his patient.

I had my bypass in October 2009 and have since lost 5 stone 4lbs and have got about 7lbs to go. My aunt has also just had a bypass with Mr Ammori last week. I went with her to Manchester and she also has had a great recovery.

If you have any questions or need any help please shout.

Thanks for replying, girls!
Mr Ammori, what company does he work with, as I am having to go private. I had looked at WLS Clinics as they seem to have very good reviews.

Can i ask how many times you went to Manchester to see him, was it just for the op? I would of liked to get to know where and who was doing the op before hand, which would make Manchester awkward.

I know the distance shouldn't be an issue, but I have four kids and Manchester is about a five hour drive from me.

Back