• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass or Band?

hi
I'm new to all this, but I wondered if someone could give me the basic things to consider when deciding whether to go for bypass or band?

Not an easy question, I know, but having probs, because there doesnt seem to be anywhere in scotland that does the bypass privately!

So, if the bypass is best for me I will have to go down to Manchester or somewhere, which will obviously an extra problems with kids wanting to visit me!

Im only at the early stages of looking into this but Weight Loss Surgery Clinic seem to be very well thought of, but only do the band in Scotland.

Any thoughts appreciated!

jacquie xxx

Jacquie, I have left you a message in another post about where to go for WLS. I chose to travel because I wanted the best surgeon. The only way to know what is better for you out of the band or the bypass is by looking at your eating habits. It you are a large meal eater then the band may be your best bet. However if you are eating sweets, icecream, choc etc then the bypass would be best. This would also be discussed with you at a consultation with the surgeon who would then advise on what your best option is.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, Andrea

I know Im getting ahead of myself, trying to figure out which operation I need, but I'm sooooo excited!

My husband, out of the blue, said, 'why dont you just go private?' you could have knocked me down, as I would never have suggested spending that kind of money on myself!!!

I'm going to speak to my GP tomorrow, to see what he has to say and get the ball rolling!

The best advice about surgery is to listen to your surgeon, but also to be honest re your eating habits when questioned by him/her...

What a lovely hubby you have btw x

if your a grazer/snacker and like sweet foods banding wont work very well and bypass is the better option banding is more for people that like big portions but dont snack, as the others have said be honest about your eating habbits so the right op can be chosen for you, good luck with finding a surgeon x

Back