• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

private to nhs

I think you have to apply for funding, like you do when you go for the operation. I guess your first port of call will be your GP :)

its rare for the nhs to take on private patients unless theres complications of some sort x

Not heard of this. The nurse that looks after me has worked in the private hospitals as well and has said every time you visit them you have to have anything done you have to put your hand in your pocket!!!:eek:

My daughter has been very lucky in that her GP applied for funding to have the band de-filled as she was pregnant (had it done privately and had no money for the de-fill!) and they have now agreed to refill as well. Think a lot depends on how the GP approaches the local NHS service.

I paid for my op, and I go to the hospital every two months or when I feel I need a refill. Yes, it costs me money directly but having lost 30kg I feel it's worth it. I need to lose another 50kg and could only do that with the flexibility of private healthcare.

Unlike the NHS if I ask for an appointment I get one instead of waiting. That said, there might be an almighty bill this month: all the more encouragement to keep losing!

i got 2 years of adjustments in the price i paid, so i,m hoping by then I will be sorted and not need so many

i got 2 years of adjustments in the price i paid, so i,m hoping by then I will be sorted and not need so many

u will always need as restrictions naturally lost £75 min, for a blind fill/de fill :(
then upper band £125 plus +
:(, if your private care cant afford to be maintained because of the cost it shouldnt be gone in to, as its the patient that suffers long term x

sorry if thats harsh but its reality for long term private patients in my opinion x

b4 anyone shoots me down in flames i know patients thats living with failed bands because they can not afford to maintain them or have them removed privatly..... shame on the money spinners :(

Last edited:
ty everyone i have passed info on she gona apply for funding can but try!
bubbles some nhs band clinics are easy to accsess mie in st richards is i just ring for a app as long as it 4-6weeks from the last although i do understand it may not be like this everywhere

Back