• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Probabaly a stupid question>>>

claire-anna

Ok so call me neiave, I'll prob get a stupid answer in reply....
But is it possible to put weight on or stomach stretch after wls? Like in 10 years time so to speak?
I know wls is only a tool and I need to work with it. But let's Jst say for arguments sake I had a bad month.. Ate prob a bit tooo much.. What would happen? Would my enormous appetite return?
I'm thinking of the future..
Thanks guys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

there are some threads on here of people who have gained after surgery.... as you say tis a tool so if you did not change your eating habits then i suppose you would not keep the weight off? Not too sure but not willing to find out ! (fingers crossed im not anyway!)

xx

Hello there, Yes it is possible to gain weight after weight loss surgery, like any weight loss surgery its only a tool and if its used and abused and rules not followed then your more likely to regain weight. xx

MrsSAFC said:
there are some threads on here of people who have gained after surgery.... as you say tis a tool so if you did not change your eating habits then i suppose you would not keep the weight off? Not too sure but not willing to find out ! (fingers crossed im not anyway!)

xx

I have been looking for threads to check up on weight gain. I need to see it from the other side... I don't want to jump into this with all the knowledge. Thanks for your words :) xx

BlueDiamond said:
Hello there, Yes it is possible to gain weight after weight loss surgery, like any weight loss surgery its only a tool and if its used and abused and rules not followed then your more likely to regain weight. xx

I'm aware of this in the back of my mind, that's why I put its a stupid question.. I needed to see it in Black and white. Lol well RED is better :) x

I am 14 weeks now, and have found it could be easy to gain weight back. So you must be very careful on your food choices. I can pretty much eat anything without having any problems, but you must stay with smaller portion sizes. My cousin has gained back some of her weight 5 years post op. But remember to listen to your body. When you are full make sure you stop eating.

Hi

Weight loss surgery works by aversion therapy, in the early days, it does restrict your portion size and it will make you ill if you don't follow the rules, after a period of time you will hopefully learn your new way of eating. Unfortunately some patients just don't learn and the need to consume all the things they eat before surgery is not overcome by the early aversion therapy. They end up eating too much, stretching their new small stomach and the weight just goes back on. Addiction is a terrible thing and a small number of people just cannot beat it. But a huge number do, I hope I am in the do category, I did manage to kick a 60 to 70 cigarette a day habit many years ago so hopefully I do have enough will power left over for this as well.

Good luck

Paul

WLS is a tool to help us lose the weight and to help us get to target... but it is also a life style change. Its up to us which choices we make, but not everybody is fortunate to be given this tool to help us so its down to us to maintain and put in the hard work so not to gain the weight.
I have a friend who lost 15 stone with a bypass... 3 years on she has gained that 15 stone, but she has made bad choices and openly admits it... until a week ago i didnt even know she had had a bypass x

WLS is a tool to help us lose the weight and to help us get to target... but it is also a life style change. Its up to us which choices we make, but not everybody is fortunate to be given this tool to help us so its down to us to maintain and put in the hard work so not to gain the weight.
I have a friend who lost 15 stone with a bypass... 3 years on she has gained that 15 stone, but she has made bad choices and openly admits it... until a week ago i didnt even know she had had a bypass x

OMG she gained all 15 stone back again?? Wow, i didnt realise this could happen. 2 or 3, maybe, but all of it? I am shocked! I wouldnt have thought the pouch would stretch enough to allow her to eat as she did before!:eek::eek:

i know i was as shocked as you... i hadnt seen her for about 10 years when i bumped into her last week... she had moved away and was back here visiting family. i told her about my surgery...thats when she said... i didnt get a chance to talk to her for long.. but she wasnt doing anything right... she stretched her pouch very early on wht i can make out... and she never dumped and was able to eat crap like chocolate. But as long as we make the right food choices when we get to maintaining. then we will not have that problem... i now i certainly dont want to go back to being 24 stone again xx

Back