• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problem hubby

happy days

Does anyone else have problems with their other halfs not been able to handle the change in you. Mines just said he was really happy for me but it's like I've started a new life and left him in the old one. I've tried to explain that only the outside of me has changed but he seems to think otherwise. He said it's like living with someone totally different which I kind of understand for years I was happy to sit and watch tv but now iam on the go the majority of the time. Just wondering if anyone has came across this.

Hiya Hun, there was a thread on here a while ago its seems it's common. Perhaps he is worried he will lose you. I hope everything get sorted between you two xx

Hi hun, maybe he feeling insecure as you becoming slimmer and more confident and worried you going to change, hope u work it out xxx

I lost weight a couple of years ago and it caused a lot of problems in our relationship which looking back I can now see as him being insecure and thinking because I felt better in myself I would go looking for someone else which couldn't of been further from my mind. I ended up going out less than I did when I was overweight just to stop the arguments as make him feel better. It made me so depressed and low I have put the weight all back on again and lo and behold we have split up.....he says he didn't fancy me too skinny and now doesn't like me hating myself even though he finds me more physically attractive now!!
I think in my experience and with hindsight you just have to be true to yourself and give your partner a much reassurance as possible that things are going to stay exactly as they always have been..... but that you are just going to enjoy it all so much more now. What will be will be xx

I think you should sit down and talk to him as he probally has a few insucurities with your whole new lease of life.

Im sure that you will be able to make him understand big hugs :)

Bex your looking fab my lovely x

Happy Losing Peeps <3

We've been together 20 yrs it's unreal. I know he is really happy for me and it must be really strange for him. Looks like we need to sit down for a good talk tonight.

Oh Marie, I do know where you are coming from. Not that my hubby thinks I am acting different, but he seems to be obsessed with how much I am loosing .... telling me you can't half notice I've lost weight etc ... I hope it doesn't develop into insecurities with him, but I need to watch for the warning signs! Communication and reassurance is the key and like you 20+ years together is a life long commitment that I'm not going to throw away.

You need a little chat, tell him how you are feeling now and how this happier new you is going to improve both your lives together. I'm sure he will be ok once he hears it from you.

xxx

hi marie i just wanted to say i hope every thing goes well with you and your hubby
as 20years is a lot to throw away.
carnt he involve himself or you involve him in some of the things you do.
i mean the likes of cyceling, swimming, or just going for a nice walk around the local park. (wraped up well in this weather though)
i would also voice your feelings to him,
i really do hope yous can get this sorted take care. xxx

Awww bless you all. Tim doesn't want me to get too skinny, as in an 8-10 (some chance) but he is certainly embracing the new me, in more ways than one. We are discovering new things about each other all the time and we've been together for 21 years, married for 15.

Have a really good chat with him, lots of reassurance etc. and let him know what you WILL be able to do involving him as you get slimmer and are more agile. ;)

Kate x

It gets better as time goes on and they realise your not gonna run off with the first man who looks at you lol xxx

I have to say reading this as a preopper, I can imagine that in a lot of ways you would seem a different person. I don't mean that in a bad way, but just as you need time to accept the new you and get your head around everything I think the people around us will too. It sounds like something that will just take time and communication, to echo another poster.

Back