• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hubby...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...is having it rough right now.
He has been depressed about his weight for quite some time now and I do my best to support him in every way that I can, but he does very long and very irregular shifts and struggles to make good decisions etc about his weight, diet etc
Anyway, he was being monitored because of his blood pressure, the nurse today said that whilst its higher than it could be, its not sufficiently high often enough to truly worry about it, so she will check it again in a months time. When we were there he mentioned whether or not they wanted to do a health check blood screening and she said no but offered to do a finger stick blood check for his sugar levels, he was about to say no and I talked him into it. Im kind of glad I did now as it came out as 8.5.
That isnt mega high but its higher than it should be for a non diabetic and so this has prompted her to request a full blood screen to check his health out, which will include a fasting blood level. He looked truly horrified at the thought that he may be starting to develop diabetes or a tendancy towards it, he said he isnt very suprised but I think he is, he has been down all afternoon since we left the nurse.
He's in work now and sent me a message by text apologising for...in his words..."letting myself become a great big fatty"...breaks my heart it really does, I have assured him that there is nothing to apologise for and that I am going to support and help him in every way possible.
It is a very strange situation because over the last few years I was the one that needed help, I was diabetic, huge and he enjoyed good health (except sleep apnoea and arthritis in his knees..the latter being genetic) and now it is all reversed, I enjoy good health and he is in the shoes that I was in...or he might be if further tests prove him to be diabetic...which I truly hope that they dont.
Due to his shift patterns he cant actually have his tests for another two weeks or so, I will be doing my utmost to support him and help him to make big changes in that time.
He has seen what surgery has given to me and I think he would consider it to, but he said earlier "I love food"...meaning that if he had surgery that relationship would have to change and he also said "so much can go wrong"...no matter how well it went for me it still scares me. I do truly think its an option for him, he is the classic weight loss surgery candidate, but if he doesnt want it then I wont press it on him, I will do everything in my power to get him eating better (he sorts himself out mostly) and if I have to get up extra early or stay up extra late to get him out exercising then I will. Its hard though as he works lonnnng hours and deserves to rest.
I wish he wasnt going through this.
So, its my turn to pay it forward...its just much closer to home than I expected it to be.
Steph xx

Stephanie it must be heartbreaking to see your hubby so down. Its great he has such a supportive wife & I'm in no doubt that whatever it takes to get him 'back on track' the pair of you can do it. ;)

Take care

Thanks hon xx
I know exactly how he feels, Ive been in his place and so I know exactly how he feels...it breaks my heart that he is in this situation, I will walk through hell and back to help him, lets just hope he lets me, I cant force him to change or make him change, so I just hope that this will be his new start.
Steph xx

Aw Steph Hope hubby is ok and its not diabetes, maybe he can see it as a warning to look after himself for the future.
He`s very lucky to have someone like you to encourage and support him with his health problems.

Wish both him and you all the best.

Love Kat x

Thanks xx
I sure hope he sees it as a warning and pulls himself up by his boots, I cant do it for him so I hope he meets me half way.
Steph xx

aw steph, i really feel for you both,it must be devastating that hubby is so down and facing a possible diagnosis to something that youve just been cleared of. like you say though,theres only him that can make any decisions, and that might take time, he needs time to come round to things. it must also be hard on you both, with you thinking of trying for a baby, so obviously hes gonna want to be as fit as he can be isnt he. maybe he will decide to go for wls sometime in the future, and it will be great, cos hes got you there for support. i hope everything goes ok with the blood tests. big hugs for you both, xx

Ah Stephie, I'm so sorry to read this post honey. It must feel so hard for you facing this situation. I reckon it's harder to face something like this for someone you love than for yourself.
Poor hubby, he must be feeling quite shaken by the blood sugar result. But like Dawny says, he has to decide for himself what he wants and needs to do. Maybe he needs some time to think about it all?
Bless him, bless you both. It's so lovely that you're there for each other. With such a strong love you can overcome whatever life throws at you.

Hugs xxxx

Hi Steph, with a wife like you, Tom is certainly on to a good start. ;)

Aww thanks guys xx
Whatever it takes we will get through it all together.
Steph xx

Hello, im sorry to here about your hubby. You will both work together and sort this out im sure. You will be great support for him as you have been where he is now, so sending lots of love to you both, and the courage to get him through to the next stage of losing weight and being happy together xxx

Quick update on hubby...he went for his tests today so we should know more about his health (diabetes etc) in around a weeks time. He got them to weigh him as he has been making a really determined effort with his eating and he got a brilliant reward...he has lost 13.2lbs in under a month, that is fantastic for someone doing it the old fashioned way and I am sooooo thrilled for him. It has boosted his determination to get some more of the weight off and its just plain old awesome.
Just wanted to share his good news.
Steph xx

I do hope he will be ok, keep us posted Steph and give him a huge hug from me xxx

That is brilliant news, give him a pat on the back and you for all the support you are giving him. xxx

Fingers crossed with the tests.

wow

what good news for him, ill bet hes over the moon isnt he?, this will spur him on now to carry on wont it, and maybe with your support he can do it without considering wls, but, if he does want to go down that route, at least hes got you for support. big hugs for you both xxxx

Thanks guys xx
He IS rather happy about it, he tried to hide it a bit but I kept catching him with this happy little smile and you can see it in his eyes. I called him my diet buddy and he laughed and said "I hadnt really thought about it like that" lol
He knows I posted on here about him and I told him he would get lots of messages of support, he loves you guys without evening talking to you's lol mainly for the way you's are here for me xx
Steph xx

aw

steph, youll have to get him posting, then he can see first hand the support he'll get.
this is probably the boost he needed, he bound to feel better for it, both physically and emotionally. well done mr steph, keep up the good work.
and well done you steph, big hugs xx

I did sign him up on here (TommyAck) but he isnt mad on forums so I doubt he will come on much, I will try to get him to say hello though.
Steph xx

good, u never know, once he gets going, we might not be able to shut him up, lol, next thing is youll be fighting over the computer. mouses drawn at 3 feet. lol
hugs to u both xxxx

Lol never any arguments like that, I have my laptop and he has his powerful pc hooked up to the big screen tv in the lounge lol
Steph xx

Back