• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hubby...

phew!!!! thats alright then, i had visions of us all turning into marriage guidance councellers. i reckon he would really enjoy it, specially if he got talking to the lads, go and use your womanly wiles on him steph. big hugs xx

Hello Steph
Sorry your husbands going through a tough time,I work stupid hours and long shifts and I think it makes losing weight harder .I feel the same about food (as im sure you did) I am already worried whether im going to still enjoy food after my op but only he will know when the right time for him to commit to weight lose but i know one thing as he has your support im sure he will be fine .I hope he is ok .

UPDATE

Just a quick update on hubby.
He got his results back and he is really quite healthy and definately NOT diabetic. We did kind of guess about the diabetes as I have monitored him and his sugars have been normal but now the tests have proven it so that is fantastic. Soooo happy for him.
Steph xx

Just a quick update on hubby.
He got his results back and he is really quite healthy and definately NOT diabetic. We did kind of guess about the diabetes as I have monitored him and his sugars have been normal but now the tests have proven it so that is fantastic. Soooo happy for him.
Steph xx

Its great that you two are working through this together Steph. I'm really pleased that Tom is not diabetic, though in some ways it might have brought the issue of WLS for Tom to a head.

Kudos on him losing weight free style as it were, and hopefully with your support he can continue to drop a few pounds and keep them off.

Our relationship with food is a difficult one to change. We have little choice but to change our habits, and even then some of us find it very difficult to do, but none surgical dieters have nothing but willpower to call upon so the support of those around them is crucial.

Good luck with it you two x

Glad about the news for Tom, hope he can feel better very soon though... it's no fun feeling under the weather.... sending love and hugs to you both xxx

thats really good news steph, i bet your both chuffed. how are you going on your little protein kick diet, and have you managed to enlist tom onto it as well.
it really is good news for him, big hugs xxxx

Thanks guys xx
Hubby is doing really well with his 'dieting', seems to be second nature to him already. He doesnt want to consider WLS, which is fair enough, I would support him totally if he did though, its not really a choice for him in his mind though.
Dawn...its going well thanks, my capacity is right down again, where I could eat a whole sandwich I am now back to struggling with half (only tested the theory once though). I get much fuller much quicker with less volume when its protein, so this week has been good so far, lots of tuna and prawns and bits of cheese and meat, I have been fuller for longer and my portions are much smaller, so Im very happy with that. I had a protein shake yesterday and today and both times it left me feeling sick to my stomach and very muggy headed, so I think Im going to avoid them, its not a nice feeling at all.
So yep, Im doing pretty damn good, whether it will work to give my weight a shift in the right direction is still to be seen, but its doing good things so far.
Thanks for the kind words for hubby guys xx
Steph xx

Excellent news re; Tom Stephie. Please give him a very big hug from me and tell him I think he's a star! (he has to be, having such a great wife!)

Back