• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reflux after a fill - sorry long.

weeble

Wobbles
Hi

Sorry to have been MIA all week. I've had some problems since my last fill and I have been trying to come to terms with them.

I'm hoping that by writing it down I might get some clarity on what to do.

I have suffered with Reflux for years and the main symptom was a persistent cough and a slightly sore throat. When I lose weight and eat better the coughing goes away. I have been on omeprazole for years and it works much better when I eating better - nearly all symptoms go away.

Any way I had my third fill last week, taking me from 4 to 6ml in a 9ml band. I was able to drink half a litre of liquid immediately afterwards with no restriction. However, I noticed that my asthma was worse that evening and the cough started within a few hours of the fill.

I have woken up every morning since then feeling like I have a cold with a sore throat and persistent cough.

My restriction is mixed - sometimes I can eat a fair bit - other times almost nothing. I am PBing a lot but don't seem to get a warning that I have eaten too much - it feels like it's more to do with the cough.

I have tried to let it settle but am worried that I will need a defill to stop the reflux. However, I don't have a lot of restriction now and therefore am scared the problem with reflux will stop the band working for me.

Any ideas?

Wow Hun

Go back to your provider and talk it over with them, there may be a different medicine they can give that might help but also they may want you to have a small defill in the interim.

The sooner you get the reflux sorted the sooner they can consider another fill xxx

Great advice that's spot on from Mazza , please chat to your team asap and hope it's sorted for you very soon xxx

Back