• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

To unfil or not to unfil that is the question!

Monalisa

Hi all hoping for some advice
I posted yesterday I've had a horrendous weekend and Monday being sick on fluids since my third fill on Thursday and coughing at night so I made an appointment for a defil tomorrow but guess what a lot less coughing last night and managed to keep three cups of tea down so far today feeling a whole lot better even sucked a couple of squares of white choc for energy so what do I do now persevere and gradually introduce soft food or have some took out?
I have 5ml in a 10 ml band that was repositioned in January I had 1ml in last week and previously had only had a little restriction
Any help appreciated x

Can you get a fill under xray? I know there are additional costs but it can make it a lot easier to find a point where yoU are comfortably restricted. Good luck.

Last edited:
My friend always gets filled too much in my opinion. But...... She persevered as she believes you slacken off after a couple of weeks. And she is always fine

This is my concern, my first week at 6ml (3rd fill) was horrendous couldn't eat anything but chocolate (unfortunately) 2nd week not great but slight better, this week (3rd) tiny bit more but I'm not eating what I should be for the fear of being sick, so eating high fat foods slider foods, I've an appointment next week to get some out but I can't decide whether to persevere with what I have I suppose getting some out wait 2/3 weeks see if I can eat better foods will tell me!

Hi all
I've been today and had 3/4 ml out only wanted 1/2 out they wanted take 1ml out so had to meet halfway maybe good job I went as it looks like they'd put 1.5 ml in by mistake the surgeon did laughingly say I've give u a little extra but wasn't recorded but wasn't very funny after 6 days I've had. I'd lost 13lb since last Thursday they looked worried lol.
Tinsel I couldn't even keep fluids down proper and I was coughing half the night and be sick so I just couldn't cope anymore plus I've had problems before and had a pouch and then had to have my band repositioned yours may settle. My band defil just made a gurgling noise instant relief and I quickly drank the lovely cup of Luke warm hospital water lol think I was just so glad to be able to drink again, kursty I don't know how your friend copes it's been awful
I'll prob be too loose again now but have to wait and see xx

Hi all I've been today and had 3/4 ml out only wanted 1/2 out they wanted take 1ml out so had to meet halfway maybe good job I went as it looks like they'd put 1.5 ml in by mistake the surgeon did laughingly say I've give u a little extra but wasn't recorded but wasn't very funny after 6 days I've had. I'd lost 13lb since last Thursday they looked worried lol. Tinsel I couldn't even keep fluids down proper and I was coughing half the night and be sick so I just couldn't cope anymore plus I've had problems before and had a pouch and then had to have my band repositioned yours may settle. My band defil just made a gurgling noise instant relief and I quickly drank the lovely cup of Luke warm hospital water lol think I was just so glad to be able to drink again, kursty I don't know how your friend copes it's been awful I'll prob be too loose again now but have to wait and see xx

Glad you got it sorted and can start eating again xxx

omg almost a stone in a week??? Jesus no wonder they looked worried LOL Gezzzzz just take it easy now sweetheart x x x x SO glad you went and got it sorted out...... huge hugs x x x x x

Thanks everyone
Mostly seems to have settled down although my sons told me this morning he heard me coughing in my sleep last nt not enough to wake me and I didn't bring anything back to choke me.
Anyone any idea as to whether it could just be irritated after being sick for a week before defil I'm hoping its nothing else I tend to panic as I have had a previous slip with these symptoms x

I would say its probably going to take awhile to settle...BUT any worries get in touch with your team hunni.....cant be too careful eh x x x x

Thanks everyone
Mostly seems to have settled down although my sons told me this morning he heard me coughing in my sleep last nt not enough to wake me and I didn't bring anything back to choke me.
Anyone any idea as to whether it could just be irritated after being sick for a week before defil I'm hoping its nothing else I tend to panic as I have had a previous slip with these symptoms x
It takes time for the swelling to go after being too tight. Take care of yourself p, it doesn't matter if you can eat more than you would like, in the long run a tight band is a fast route to reflux and possibly a revision.
Keep an eye on the cough. Try not to eat a few hours before bedtime.
Good luck xx

Back