• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Problems after removal

wobblyshirl

Hi to all you ballooners out there. Has anyone had problems with stomach pains after having their balloon removal. I've been getting pains that start right in the middle just below the breast bone and radiate right round my back. They're bad enough to reduce me to tears. It isn't indigestion but i've a feeling it might be to do with my hiatus hernia. I can only think the removal may have aggrevated it or something else.
I'd be grateful for any views on this. thanks all x

Hi Shirl - Only me again hun x

If your having problems and regular painkillers are not helping perhaps you ought to get it check out by your GP. He/she will be aware of your history and will be able to advise you until you can see the surgeon again.

Take care hun x Hope the pain goes soon x

Love Kat x

Hi Kat
Thanks for your reply. I'm actually seeing him on wednesday to have another balloon put in, should have been a bypass/sleeve but my tummy's too big apparently. (see my post in the bypass section). If it gets to bad i shall ring them tomorrow.
Shirl x

I had a balloon removed and didn't have any symptoms at all. Sorry - I expect that's not quite what you wanted to hear. I would get some medical advice if I were you.

Just a thought and I might be on the wrong track completely but it sounds like the pain I had with gallstones. Hope you manage to get it sorted x

Back