• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems with second fill

ginstar

Hi
I am hoping someone can help me. I had my second fill on Thursday- an addition 2ml in a 14ml band (making the total 7ml). I drank a glass of water before I left and everything seemed fine although on the journey home from the hospital, I vomited all of the water back up(thank god for the plastic bag in my car). I got home and the vomiting continued, I wasnt able to even swallow my saliva without vomiting let alone drink anything. I rang the hospital and , thankfully, i went back at 5pm that day and the nurse removed 0.5ml and said that i should now be fine.
I am now on day 4 and have only managed to keep down 4 tea spoons of soup during this time and very small amounts of drink. I have had a permanent headache for 3 days, I assume to me being dehydrated, but cannot cope with volumes of liquid.
The lack of eating doesnt really bother me, I dont feel hungry at all although I would have hoped that the restriction would have eased off after 4 days.
Has anyone else had this? What would you suggest i do??

Thank you xx

Sounds like your way to tight and need another defill asap. x

Yes I would contact them again because it seems that you've still got too much there :(

I agree, call and have some more removed. Over-restriction is far worse than having to rely on a little more willpower to lose .... Hope you are sorted soon xxx

Thank you so much for the responses, does this mean that I will never be able to cope with 7ml?

Thank you so much for the responses, does this mean that I will never be able to cope with 7ml?[/QUOTE

Some people don't need a lot of fills to get restriction, as long as u have good restriction and the band is doing its job and your losing - then happy days

My provider altho they don't do the first fill to 5-6 weeks post up, only then go up in max 1ml amounts to try to find that spot that works without going too much, I asked a similar question and they said that what I may not tolerate earlier on may change, that what gives me restriction for a few months, may go on to change and at that point, look towards having a fill, but hopefully by going up gradually it helps to find the right place for you at that point.

I have 6 mls in my 14ml band, but yet feel no restriction at all from my band, but Im doing ok with limiting my cals, and watching my food and exercising and using willpower more so than relying on the band. At times, I find that hard to get my head around, seems daft to have paid all that money for something that isn't yet working LOL although in my mind it is, because its helping me to make healthy choices and decisions.

Definitely give them a call tho . . .

Thank you so much for the responses, does this mean that I will never be able to cope with 7ml?

It doesn't have to necessary mean that you will never be able to cope with 7ml; it just seem that you are not able to cope with it at the moment. After the fill the stomach is a bit unsettled/sensitive, maybe even slightly swollen, so that would make the band feel tighter. Also, when you loose some weight, you may also loose some fatty tissue around the stomach which would make the band looser and you would need more fill.

If I was you, I would ask them to do defill ASAP. I read on another forum the risks from too tight band and it seems to be very, very dangerous. I know you want to loose weight and therefore you may think that if you put up with this, it may settle down, but it is not worth risking your health.

ginstar ~ how are you doing? Have you spoken to them?

Back